Rep. Dana Wachs Says Foxconn Contracts Already Going Out of State
"I’ve had it with Gov. Walker’s special-interest politics. He works for us, not for Foxconn."
EAU CLAIRE – Today, Rep. Dana Wachs, a Democratic candidate for governor, called out Gov. Scott Walker’s $4.5 billion Foxconn scam following news that three major contracts for the planned factory were awarded to companies from Colorado, Rhode Island, and Vienna, Austria:
“So much for creating an ‘economic boom’ in Wisconsin. We learned today that Foxconn selected two companies from out of state and one company from outside of the country to build their new factory funded with our tax dollars. That’s nothing to brag about and I guess that’s why Gov. Walker isn’t talking about it right now.
“We should be creating new good-paying jobs for Wisconsinites at Wisconsin-based companies. When we ask Wisconsin taxpayers to open their checkbooks to fund a project, the money should go to companies based in Wisconsin that are going to create jobs that will stick around for the long-run.
“I’ve had it with Gov. Walker’s special-interest politics. He works for us, not for Foxconn.”
Rep. Wachs serves on the board of directors for the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) where he fought the governor’s efforts to give billions of dollars in Wisconsin taxpayer money away to a foreign company. More information on Rep. Wachs’ positions is available at www.DanaWachs.com.
Wachs for Wisconsin
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Dana Wachs
"Now is the time for unity."
"It’s about time that every worker be able to earn a fair, living wage at a safe job with decent working conditions."
"Their challenge was ridiculous and that’s why the Elections Commission rejected it."