Public Safety and Health Committee to discuss city’s lead abatement program on Thursday
At the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Common Council’s Public Safety and Health Committee at 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 15, the committee will hear a communication file from the Milwaukee Health Department providing a status update on its lead abatement program.
Those wishing to provide comment on the matter can do so by utilizing the City’s e-comment feature by following these steps:
- Select the “e-comment” button across from the meeting during which the file will be heard. Meeting info is listed above.
- Scroll down to the item number that corresponds to the desired file and click the “comment” button.
- Fill in the necessary information, select a position and type a comment in the comment box. Note that comments are limited to 1,200 characters.
- Hit submit.
Thursday’s committee meeting will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25. Beginning in September, the Public Safety and Health Committee will return to a fully in-person format.
- Health Commissioner Says Lead Crisis is Top Priority - Matt Martinez - Jul 22nd, 2021
- Site Visits Highlight Lead Safety Efforts - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jul 19th, 2021
- City Hall: $98 Million Plan Targets Lead Poisoning - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 19th, 2021
- City Hall: Update Expected Soon on Criminal Investigation Into Health Department - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 16th, 2021
- City Hall: Anger and Frustration With Milwaukee’s Lead Program - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 15th, 2021
- Public Safety and Health Committee to discuss city’s lead abatement program on Thursday - Ald. Marina Dimitrijevic - Jul 12th, 2021
- City Hall: Milwaukee’s Lead Program Fails Again - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 17th, 2021
- Health Commissioner Johnson Statement on Lead Case - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 17th, 2021
- Enough is enough with MHD lead program mistakes - Milwaukee Common Council - Jun 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Federal Water Infrastructure Spending Needed - Congresswoman Gwen Moore and Megan Severson - Jun 14th, 2021
Read more about Lead Crisis here