Public Market Rolls Out ‘Market-To-Go’ Curbside Pickup, Online Ordering and Delivery Offering
Milwaukee, WISC – New life will be injected into the Historic Third Ward and greater downtown community this week as the Milwaukee Public Market announced today the rollout of an extensive curbside pickup and delivery operation at the local attraction.
Dubbed “Market To-Go”, the rollout features the majority of market vendors offering products in curbside pickup, delivery or online ordering and shipping capacity. Much of the remaining vendors are providing offerings at secondary locations. The options at the market will include prepared food items, as well as grocery and retail offerings.
Vendors such as St Paul Fish Company are showcasing their sense of humor during the opening, calling their to-go service “Crabside Pickup” in reference to the repurposing of their iconic inflatable crab which usually suspends above their space inside the market. The crab is now temporarily displayed on the rooftop of their outdoor Palapa bar area, which will be the carryout location for the popular fish emporium.
In mid-March, the market closed its operation based on guidelines resulting from COVID-19 pandemic. While Foltz Family Market and Thief Wine have provided curbside pickup and delivery in recent weeks, the Market To-Go rollout is the first expanded offering involving the majority of market vendors.
The public market will begin this new operation while maintaining the health safety precautions that were already in place – including its policy of prohibiting customers from entering the market building at this time. In addition, the Market will require face coverings to be worn by all employees working at the market until further notice.
“The safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and neighbors has never been more important,” said Schwartz. “We’ll be doubling down on our already high standards with increased attention to cleanliness and safety protocols to make sure customers feel comfortable patronizing our businesses.”
For a full list of vendor offerings and days of operations, please visit milwaukeepublicmarket.org/vendor-listing or call 414-336-1111.
- Trump Directives Fall Flat in Wisconsin - Erik Gunn - Aug 12th, 2020
- For the sake of Wisconsin’s schools, state legislators urge U.S. Senate Delegation to pass the HEROES Act - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Receives Nursing Assistance from USDVA and WI National Guard - Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 1,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Died From COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2020
- DPW Responds to 1,000 Wisconsinites Dying from COVID-19 - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 11th, 2020
- Wisconsin COVID-19 Death Toll Surpasses 1,000 - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 11th, 2020
- School Reopening Plans Get Failing Grades - Terry Falk - Aug 11th, 2020
- Universities Require COVID-19 Pledge - Rich Kremer - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Jump To 74-Day High - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 10th, 2020
- Wisconsinites Deserve to Know Where Our Elected Officials Stand on Donald Trump’s Executive Orders - A Better Wisconsin Together - Aug 10th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here