Public Market Rolls Out ‘Market-To-Go’ Curbside Pickup, Online Ordering and Delivery Offering
Milwaukee, WISC – New life will be injected into the Historic Third Ward and greater downtown community this week as the Milwaukee Public Market announced today the rollout of an extensive curbside pickup and delivery operation at the local attraction.
Dubbed “Market To-Go”, the rollout features the majority of market vendors offering products in curbside pickup, delivery or online ordering and shipping capacity. Much of the remaining vendors are providing offerings at secondary locations. The options at the market will include prepared food items, as well as grocery and retail offerings.
Vendors such as St Paul Fish Company are showcasing their sense of humor during the opening, calling their to-go service “Crabside Pickup” in reference to the repurposing of their iconic inflatable crab which usually suspends above their space inside the market. The crab is now temporarily displayed on the rooftop of their outdoor Palapa bar area, which will be the carryout location for the popular fish emporium.
In mid-March, the market closed its operation based on guidelines resulting from COVID-19 pandemic. While Foltz Family Market and Thief Wine have provided curbside pickup and delivery in recent weeks, the Market To-Go rollout is the first expanded offering involving the majority of market vendors.
The public market will begin this new operation while maintaining the health safety precautions that were already in place – including its policy of prohibiting customers from entering the market building at this time. In addition, the Market will require face coverings to be worn by all employees working at the market until further notice.
“The safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and neighbors has never been more important,” said Schwartz. “We’ll be doubling down on our already high standards with increased attention to cleanliness and safety protocols to make sure customers feel comfortable patronizing our businesses.”
For a full list of vendor offerings and days of operations, please visit milwaukeepublicmarket.org/vendor-listing or call 414-336-1111.
More about the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Milwaukee County Announces New Policies Related to COVID-19 Pandemic - County Executive David Crowley - May 9th, 2023
- DHS Details End of Emergency COVID-19 Response - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 26th, 2023
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Market
Public Market to host dinner with Chefs Mary Lou & Adam PawlakFeb 14th, 2023 by Milwaukee Public Market
Season 19 Hell’s Kitchen alums to prepare 5-course dinner with wine parings from certified sommelier.
The Dinky Rink Returns To The Milwaukee Public MarketFeb 2nd, 2023 by Milwaukee Public Market
“Area’s smallest public ice rink” opens February 3 with new ice curling feature