Public Market announces full closure to public based on guidelines from State of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WISC: Statement from the Milwaukee Public Market executive director, Paul Schwartz:
Based on the new guidelines set out by the State, the market has no choice but to enforce a full closure to the public, effective immediately, until further notice. This includes customers for carry-out and to-go orders.
A number of our vendors are exploring curbside pickup and delivery services and we will get information out about that offering in the coming days.
In addition, vendors are making plans to donate existing food and other products to many of their employees, as well as first responder groups and food pantries.
I can speak for all of us at the market when I say we will continue to work tirelessly to help steer us through this situation and eventually reopen with the same vigor and energy that people have grown to expect from us.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank everyone who supported, and continues to support us throughout this period. We want everyone to stay healthy and safe.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here