Potholes, winter parking extension, lead service lines and reserve force for snow and ice control on agenda for Public Works Committee
Wednesday’s Public Works Committee meeting agenda is packed with items of citywide interest and importance
Alderman Robert Bauman, chair of the Public Works Committee, said Wednesday’s Public Works Committee meeting agenda is packed with items of citywide interest and importance, including the city’s response to addressing potholes, the unilateral move by the Department of Public Works commissioner to extend the city’s winter parking rules to March 15, addressing lead service lines and proposed legislation to beef up the city’s snow and ice control efforts by developing a reserve force of drivers and supervisors recruited from the ranks of retired city employees to add resources during snow and ice removal operations. The Public Works Committee meeting (tomorrow – Wednesday, March 6 at 9 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall), includes the following key items:
- File #181782 – Communication from the Department of Public Works relating to extending winter parking restrictions.
- File #181747 – Substitute resolution directing the Department of Public Works to develop a reserve force of snow and ice control operation drivers and supervisors from the ranks of retired city employees.
- File #181597 – Communication from the Department of Public Works relating to snow removal at city owned properties, crosswalks, and bus stops.
- File #161643 – Communication from the Department of Public Works relating to its response and identification of potholes.
- File #181771 – Resolution directing the Department of Public Works to implement a quality control reporting and monitoring system for services provided to the public.
- File #181683 – Resolution directing the Department of Public Works to recommend a plan to the Common Council for recycling water filters in the city.
- File #181770 – Communication from the Department of Public Works and the Milwaukee Water Works relating to lead service lines and the construction of new homes.
- File #181293 – Resolution relating to lead drinking water service line replacements.
- File #181742 – Resolution directing the Legislative Reference Bureau, in collaboration with the Environmental Collaboration Office, the Department of Administration-Budget and Management Division, and the Department of Public Works, to undertake an analysis of the We Energies Solar Now and Dedicated Renewable Energy Resources pilot tariff programs.
- File #181780 – Communication from the Department of Public Works relating to special privileges for dumpsters in the public right of way.
Wednesday’s meeting will be televised live on the City Channel (Channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and on AT&T U-Verse Channel 99) in the City of Milwaukee. It can also be viewed via streaming video on the City website at milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman
News release from Alderman Robert J. Bauman
Meeting set for Thursday at City Hall