Parks and Recreation Cast to Reunite For Absentee and Early Voting Push in Wisconsin
(WISCONSIN) — On the heels of a massive Princess Bride grassroots event launch, the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is thrilled to announce that the cast of Parks and Recreation will reunite on Thursday, September 17 — the day absentee ballots in Wisconsin are scheduled to drop — for a virtual event to encourage and teach Wisconsinites to request, fill out and return their absentee ballot. Cast members will also hold a Q&A session.
Participants will include Adam Scott, Amy Poehler, Aubrey Plaza, Jim O’Heir, Nick Offerman, Retta, show creator Michael Schur, and special guests.
Upon the announcement, Parks and Recreation stars Adam Scott and Aubrey Plaza released the following statement: “Donald Trump has grossly mismanaged our nation and neglected his responsibilities as Commander in Chief during a crisis that has cost us nearly 200,000 lives and millions of jobs. And he intentionally lied to the American people about it. We need a leader who takes his job seriously, who actually works for the people he’s elected to serve, and Donald Trump just isn’t up to the job. We couldn’t be more excited to join forces with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin to make sure Trump is a one-term president.”
Ben Wikler, Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, also released the following statement: “We couldn’t imagine a show more fitting to inspire Wisconsinites to get involved in local and national politics than Parks and Recreation. We’re so grateful to the cast for lending their time and talent to get out the Wisconsin vote. Indiana may be home to Pawnee, but all roads to the White House go through Wisconsin.”
- Pence Says Trump Will Nominate RBG Replacement Saturday - Corri Hess - Sep 24th, 2020
- Vos, Fitzgerald Appeal Election Deadlines - Henry Redman - Sep 23rd, 2020
- Have You Made Your Voting Plan? - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Op Ed: Women Voters Will Save Our Republic - Gregory Humphrey - Sep 22nd, 2020
- DPW Statement on Federal Ruling on Voting in Wisconsin - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 21st, 2020
- Federal Court Requires Wisconsin to Take Immediate Action to Ensure Safe Voting in November - Protect Democracy - Sep 21st, 2020
- Trump At Issue in State Assembly Races - Melanie Conklin - Sep 20th, 2020
- Trump Announces $13 Billion Farm Aid - Rob Mentzer - Sep 18th, 2020
- Wisconsin Farmers Union President Responds to Trump’s Visit, Reports That He’ll Announce Farm Aid - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Jr. Visit - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 15th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here