One Year After January 6th Insurrection, Wisconsinites Haven’t Forgotten Ron Johnson’s Dangerous Efforts to Undermine U.S. Democracy
MADISON, Wis. – In the year following insurrectionists storming the U.S. Capitol building with the intention of overthrowing the 2020 election results, Ron Johnson spent his time defending and trying to justify the actions of the rioters rather than doing his job.
Here are some of Johnson’s most outlandish actions and remarks about the insurrection:
- Johnson helped fuel the attacks on the capitol, declaring days before that he would object to the results of the 2020 presidential election, and on the day of the attack, used inflaming rhetoric.
- Despite multiple casualties, including law enforcement officers, and the serious damage done to the Capitol, Johnson downplayed the attack, calling it “pitiful.” He even went so far as to falsely push the notion that the insurrection was a peaceful protest and that it was not an armed attack on the Capitol.
- Johnson pushed the idea that the FBI was involved in the January 6th attack, insinuating that they were part of the insurrection and helped breach the Capitol.
- Johnson said he didn’t feel threatened by the insurrections, but would have had they been members of the Black Lives Matter movement. Johnson prefaced his remarks by claiming the insurrections loved the United States and, despite attacking and killing police officers, respected law enforcement.
- Op Ed: Kaul Should Charge Ron Johnson, 10 Fake Electors - Matt Rothschild - Jan 8th, 2023
- WisDems Chair Ben Wikler Statement on the Anniversary of 1/6 - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jan 6th, 2023
- Congresswoman Gwen Moore Statement on Two-Year Anniversary of January 6th - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Jan 6th, 2023
- Wisconsin GOP Chair Expressed Concern About Fake Electors Plan, Then Joined In - Shawn Johnson - Dec 23rd, 2022
- Report Calls For Criminally Charging State’s Fake Electors - Henry Redman - Dec 19th, 2022
- Vos Sues Jan. 6 Committee - Shawn Johnson - Sep 26th, 2022
- Wisconsin’s Starring Role in Jan. 6 Insurrection - Ruth Conniff - Jun 9th, 2022
- Democrats File Suit Against State Republicans Who Posed As Electors - Shawn Johnson - May 17th, 2022
- Plover Man Charged in U.S. Capital Attack - Deneen Smith - May 14th, 2022
- Ron Johnson Attended Meeting To Oppose Election Certification - Henry Redman - Feb 5th, 2022
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here