One Year After January 6th Insurrection, Wisconsinites Haven’t Forgotten Ron Johnson’s Dangerous Efforts to Undermine U.S. Democracy
MADISON, Wis. – In the year following insurrectionists storming the U.S. Capitol building with the intention of overthrowing the 2020 election results, Ron Johnson spent his time defending and trying to justify the actions of the rioters rather than doing his job.
Here are some of Johnson’s most outlandish actions and remarks about the insurrection:
- Johnson helped fuel the attacks on the capitol, declaring days before that he would object to the results of the 2020 presidential election, and on the day of the attack, used inflaming rhetoric.
- Despite multiple casualties, including law enforcement officers, and the serious damage done to the Capitol, Johnson downplayed the attack, calling it “pitiful.” He even went so far as to falsely push the notion that the insurrection was a peaceful protest and that it was not an armed attack on the Capitol.
- Johnson pushed the idea that the FBI was involved in the January 6th attack, insinuating that they were part of the insurrection and helped breach the Capitol.
- Johnson said he didn’t feel threatened by the insurrections, but would have had they been members of the Black Lives Matter movement. Johnson prefaced his remarks by claiming the insurrections loved the United States and, despite attacking and killing police officers, respected law enforcement.
- Op Ed: Wisconsin’s January 6 Collaborators - Matt Rothschild - Jan 9th, 2022
- Rep. Robyn Vining Statement on the One-Year Anniversary of the United States Capitol Insurrection - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 6th, 2022
- Op Ed: Hold Wisconsin’s Fraudulent Electors Accountable - Jeffrey Mandell - Jan 6th, 2022
- Joint Statement on the One-Year Anniversary of the Capitol Insurrection - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Jan 6th, 2022
- One Year After January 6th Insurrection, Wisconsinites Haven’t Forgotten Ron Johnson’s Dangerous Efforts to Undermine U.S. Democracy - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jan 6th, 2022
- Six Wisconsinites Charged in Capitol Insurrection - Rob Mentzer - Jan 6th, 2022
- AG Kaul Issues Statement on One-Year Anniversary of U.S. Capitol Insurrection - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Jan 6th, 2022
- Op Ed: Van Orden Complicit in January 6 Riot? - Bill Kaplan - Jan 4th, 2022
- Questions Remain About Derrick Van Orden’s Participation in the January 6th Attack on Democracy - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2021
- Will Donors Punish Legislators Pushing Election Lies? - Melanie Conklin - Sep 14th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here