New Year’s Eve Livestream Benefit Concert by Yacht Rock Powerhouse The Docksiders To Raise Funds For Struggling Milwaukee Venues, Artists, Stagehands
BoDeans, Other Top Bands Also Performing at Virtual New Year’s Eve Gala
Milwaukee (Dec. 15, 2020) – A New Year’s Eve benefit concert by yacht rockers The Docksiders with performances by BoDeans and other top bands will livestream starting 9 p.m. Dec. 31 to assist Milwaukee venues, artists and stagehands struggling in the wake of the pandemic.
All ticket proceeds and donations will be split between the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA), which will distribute funds to Milwaukee venues, and the Imagine MKE’s Artist Relief Fund, which is providing grants to Milwaukee artists, musicians and stagehands.
Livestream tickets for the virtual New Year’s Eve party are $20 and can be purchased at https://sucherentertainmentllc.ticketspice.com/thedocksidersnye#ticketBlock. Donations also can be made at the website.
“With live music venues and musicians unable to perform this New Year’s Eve, here’s the perfect way to help them return next year and celebrate the end of the dumpster fire that was 2020,” said Kevin Sucher, leader of The Docksiders and organizer of the event.
“The silver lining of this difficult year has been the collaborations among venues and community partnerships, like this event, to save our stages,” said Kelsey Kaufmann, owner of Cactus Club and a NIVA member who will coordinate distribution of donations to Milwaukee venues. “Local support is critical to sustaining our independent venues and nourishing Milwaukee’s arts scene.”
“We are so excited that The Docksiders are putting on this New Year’s Eve show to give us all a fun and safe way to ring in the New Year while also supporting our region’s artists, cultural creators and concert venues,” Imagine MKE CEO David Lee said. “These people and places provide us so much joy, inspiration and connection, and they have been hit so hard during COVID-19.”
“We appreciate Kevin and The Docksiders helping to raise awareness and financial aid for our city’s live music venues,” said Gary Witt, Pabst Theater Group CEO Gary Witt and a co-founder of NIVA. “We were the first businesses to close, we’ll likely be the last to reopen, and our ability to return after Covid-19 is critical to Milwaukee’s economic rebound.”
Milwaukee-based video production firm Mindpool Live is donating its services to film and livestream the show and is co-producing the event with The Docksiders.
The show’s artists include:
- The Docksiders. Made up of music industry veterans and led by 3-time Grammy™ nominee Kevin Sucher, their unique tribute act covers “soft rock” songs of the ‘70s and ‘80s now defined as Yacht Rock.
- BoDeans. Formed in Waukesha in the 1980s, the band became an international phenomenon with hits such as “Fadeaway,” “Only Love” and “Dreams,” and are known as one of the best live acts in the business.
- Shonn Hinton and Shotgun. This driving blues-funk band is led by Milwaukee native Shonn Hinton, who has played with Mary J. Blige, John Legend, Jill Scott and Lil Wayne.
- B~Free and Quinten Farr. These musical partners incorporate vocals, flute and keyboards into their soulful and jazzy mix.
- Rocket Cat. This adventurous quartet plays originals with an alternative, progressive and hard rock sound that often blends into power pop.