National Walkout Day: I Sit in Solidarity with Students
"If more guns meant fewer gun deaths, then America would have the lowest gun violence rate in the developed world."
Madison – Across the country, students everywhere are making their voices heard in the fight against gun violence as they participate in the National Walkout Day. Rep. Anderson released the following statement:
“If more guns meant fewer gun deaths, then America would have the lowest gun violence rate in the developed world. But the numbers don’t lie: America leads the developed world in gun violence. Unfettered access to guns leads to needless violence in our schools and our communities. I am proud to see our young leaders standing up to the gun lobby and saying, ‘Not one more!’
“We should listen to these young leaders when they say they don’t want more guns in our schools. What they want is for their elected leaders to listen and pass laws that will take guns out of the hands of dangerous people. After everything that has happened, from Newtown to Las Vegas to Parkland, we owe it to these young people to fight for them. Today is the first step towards making our country a safer place, so I want to thank every student and teacher all across America for fighting for what’s right!”
- Rep. Stubbs Statement on Shooting in Knoxville, TN - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Apr 12th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Applauds Biden-Harris Administration for Executive Action to Curb Gun Violence in Our Communities - State Rep. David Bowen - Apr 8th, 2021
- Senator Agard Applauds President Biden Taking Steps to Address Gun Violence - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 8th, 2021
- AG Kaul, Dem Lawmakers Push New Gun Laws - Laurel White - Apr 1st, 2021
- Senator Agard joins Attorney General Josh Kaul, Senator LaTonya Johnson in Support of Governor Evers’ Gun Safety Budget Provisions - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Gun Owners for Gun Control - Dave Cieslewicz - Mar 28th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Condemns Anti-Asian Hate, Calls for Common Sense Gun Reform - State Rep. David Bowen - Mar 26th, 2021
- Senator Agard responds to Speaker Vos comments regarding gun reform legislation - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 24th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs Statement on Shooting in Boulder, Colorado - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Senator Agard Responds to Boulder Shooting, Calls for Immediate Action on Gun Safety in Wisconsin - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about Gun Violence here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Jimmy Anderson
"It is shameful that our state’s Republican lawmakers have once again disregarded our Governor’s attempt to address gun violence in our state."
"We are long overdue for common-sense measures like Extreme Risk Protection Orders."
"This isn’t simply a legal mandate, it is a moral one."