Milwaukee County Parks To Open Whitnall & Traveling Beer Gardens Starting Monday
Milwaukee – Milwaukee County’s Whitnall Beer Garden and the Traveling Beer Gardens will return next week, with a few modifications for physical distancing and plenty of outdoor seating.
Whitnall Beer Garden in Greendale will open on Monday June 8 at 4pm, followed by The Traveling Beer Garden at Froemming Park in Franklin on Wednesday June 10 at 5 p.m., and at Doctors Park in Fox Point on Friday June 12 at 5 p.m.
“With so many festivals and events canceled in Milwaukee, the beer gardens will be a welcome taste of summer and a safe way for friends, family and neighbors to come together,” said David Crowley, Milwaukee County Executive. “Money spent at county beer gardens stays in the county too. Food and beverage sales help fund other much needed parks services including wading pools, trails and summer programming in the parks.”
Revenue from services including special event permits, food and beverage, golf and rentals fund around 60% of the annual operations costs for Milwaukee County Parks, and with many services impacted by COVID-19, the park system is facing an anticipated $5m budget shortfall. Opening the beer gardens, which generated over $1.5m in revenue in 2019, could help limit any further reductions in services or staff hours.
At Whitnall Beer Garden two additional beer trailers have been added to help reduce lines for beverages. A total of 24 beers will be available, many from local breweries including MKE Brewing Company, Explorium, Eagle Park Brewing, GoodCity Brewing, MillerCoors and Sprecher Brewing Company.
Whitnall Beer Garden in Greendale, will open on Monday June 8, from 4-10 p.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. on weekends. Last call at 9 p.m.
The two Traveling Beer Gardens, operated by Milwaukee County Park in partnership with Sprecher Brewery, will begin next week with the Pass Me a Pint Tour opening on Wednesday June 10 at Froemming Park in Franklin and the Roll Out the Barrel Tour opening on Friday June 12 at Doctors Park in Fox Point. The Traveling Beer Gardens will open from 5-10pm on weekdays and 11am-10pm on weekends. Last call at 9pm.
“Sprecher is once again excited to be part of the Traveling Beer Gardens with the Milwaukee County Parks.” Said Jim Kanter, Chief Commercial Officer Sprecher Brewing Company. “ It is a great, longstanding tradition in the Milwaukee area which brings people together in our great parks system during the summer. We look forward to people getting out and enjoying the delayed start to the summer season in Milwaukee.”
For more information on beer menus, and beer garden guidelines, visit www.whitnallbeer.com or www.travelingbeergardens.com
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing Continues to Fall, Case Rate Continues to Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 5th, 2020
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Parks
More than $350,000 in initial gifts will support programming, infrastructure projects and long-term multi-park improvement campaigns that focus on racial equity across Milwaukee County