Milwaukee-Area Company Offers 1 Million Free Masks To Help Residents Comply With Proposed City Mandatory Mask Ordinance For Public Places
Company is part of business, citizen coalition urging city to approve ordinance
Milwaukee (July 7, 2020) – Rebel Converting, an area company that has given away millions of masks to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, has offered the materials to make 1 million more masks to be distributed to residents in need if the city passes a mandatory mask ordinance.
In a letter to the Milwaukee Common Council and Mayor Tom Barrett, Rebel Converting owner Michael Kryshak offered to provide the materials for free for the 1 million disposable masks and help the city find volunteers to assemble them.
“We fully support Milwaukee legislation to mandate face coverings in public places,” Kryshak wrote. “We want to make sure that affordability for low-income residents is not a barrier to anyone helping stop the spread of the disease in the community and complying with the requirement.”
Kryshak asked the city to help find additional volunteers to assemble the masks and to work with other businesses and city resources to procure and distribute reusable masks “so that there will be no obstacles in Milwaukee to masking up.”
The Milwaukee Common Council is expected to vote on a proposal for a mask ordinance this week. A mask ordinance is supported by 130 restaurants, including the Milwaukee Independent Restaurant Coalition, and other businesses.
More information on the initiative to pass a Milwaukee mask requirement and the open letter from businesses in support of the mask requirement is at https://www.mandatemasksmke.com/. A new video PSA advocating a mask ordinance can be seen at https://youtu.be/Y9DkBlvFcBw.
Rebel Converting, Kryshak’s Saukville-based firm, converts giant rolls of advanced nonwoven fabrics into small rolls that fit inside standard sanitary wipe canisters.
- WI Daily: 206 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 6th, 2021
- Surprising No One, Senator Johnson Votes Against Relief for Wisconsin Workers and Families - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 6th, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Votes to Pass the American Rescue Plan and Support Wisconsin - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Mar 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
- State Vaccine Hotline Up and Running - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- County Targeting Vulnerable ZIP Codes for Vaccine - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Announce 1 Million Wisconsinites Have Received at Least One Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 5th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here