MCTS Riders Encouraged to Limit Non-Essential Travel
MILWAUKEE (March 16, 2020) — Due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), and out of an abundance of caution for Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) employees and the general public, MCTS requests that riders limit non-essential bus travel until further notice.
MCTS is working with federal, state and local governments to help limit the spread of the virus. Passengers who must travel out of necessity are encouraged, whenever possible, to pay their fare with the MCTS M-Card – a contactless smartcard – or use the electronic tickets offered via the Ride MCTS App. Both options allow you to avoid cash and pay your fare without making direct contact with the farebox.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advises anyone with fever, cough or shortness of breath to not go out in public. This means passengers should not ride the bus if they are experiencing those symptoms or think they may be sick.
MCTS has implemented an extra daily disinfection process on all buses using EPA-approved and CDC-recommended cleaning products. That’s in addition to the standard cleaning our vehicles receive on a regular basis. Just remember that surfaces are only clean until someone touches them or coughs/sneezes nearby.
- WI Daily: 513 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 14th, 2021
- Fully Vaccinated People Can Resume Activities Without Masks - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 14th, 2021
- Bill Would Ban UW-System Vaccine Requirements - Henry Redman - May 14th, 2021
- WI Daily: 485 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 13th, 2021
- State Approves COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 12 and Older - Erik Gunn - May 13th, 2021
- Brewers Home Games to be at Full Capacity Beginning June 25 - Milwaukee Brewers - May 13th, 2021
- Milwaukee Removing Most COVID-19 Restrictions on June 15th - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations to Children Ages 12-15 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 558 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 12th, 2021
- WILL Sues Biden Administration for Race, Sex Discrimination in Allocation of COVID Relief Funds for Restaurants - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - May 12th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here