MCTS Riders Encouraged to Limit Non-Essential Travel
MILWAUKEE (March 16, 2020) — Due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), and out of an abundance of caution for Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) employees and the general public, MCTS requests that riders limit non-essential bus travel until further notice.
MCTS is working with federal, state and local governments to help limit the spread of the virus. Passengers who must travel out of necessity are encouraged, whenever possible, to pay their fare with the MCTS M-Card – a contactless smartcard – or use the electronic tickets offered via the Ride MCTS App. Both options allow you to avoid cash and pay your fare without making direct contact with the farebox.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advises anyone with fever, cough or shortness of breath to not go out in public. This means passengers should not ride the bus if they are experiencing those symptoms or think they may be sick.
MCTS has implemented an extra daily disinfection process on all buses using EPA-approved and CDC-recommended cleaning products. That’s in addition to the standard cleaning our vehicles receive on a regular basis. Just remember that surfaces are only clean until someone touches them or coughs/sneezes nearby.
- Why Are Bars Still Open? - Graham Kilmer - Jul 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Don’t Call 911 On City Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee Cares Mask Ordinance to Go into Effect July 16 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 14th, 2020
- Johnson Opposes More Economic Stimulus Funding - Rob Mentzer - Jul 14th, 2020
- MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Jul 14th, 2020
- WI Daily: New High, 964 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- AG Kaul & Multistate Coalition Urging the U.S. Senate to Increase Childcare Funding in Next Federal Stimulus Package - Josh Kaul - Jul 14th, 2020
- Back in the News: Wisconsin Behind on COVID-19 Testing - Bruce Murphy - Jul 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Recommendation - Milwaukee Public Schools - Jul 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Early Indicators Are “Very Troubling” - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here