MCTS Announces Strike Reimbursement Plan
The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is issuing reimbursements for passengers who had active 7-day or 31-day passes during last week’s strike by the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 998.
The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is issuing reimbursements for passengers who had active 7-day or 31-day passes during last week’s strike by the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 998. ATU leaders went on a three-day strike despite a new contract proposal from MCTS that would significantly increase bus drivers and mechanics pay.
The strike stranded tens of thousands of people across Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington and Waukesha Counties who rely on MCTS to get to work, school and medical appointments.
MCTS is updating RideMCTS.com with a FAQ page that has more information about the contract and debunking false rumors some union leaders are spreading.
- M•CARD reimbursements must be obtained by phone (414-937-0470) or email (email@example.com).
- For each day your 7-day or 31-day M•CARD pass was active during the strike, you will receive the value of three free rides ($1.75 per ride in stored value) on your M•CARD.
- 1 day reimbursement = $5.25 in stored value
- 2 days = $10.50 in stored value
- 3 days = $15.75 in stored value
- If you are requesting your reimbursement via email, please provide your name, contact phone number and M•CARD serial number located on the back of your card (number starts with 05-).
- Emails will be responded to within three business days.
- Note – it may take up to 48 hours for the reimbursement to show up on your card.
- If you have a weekly paper pass for June 28, 2015 – July 4, 2015 or a monthly pass for July 2015, please bring your pass to:
- MCTS Administrative office – 1942 N 17th Street, 8am- 4:30pm
- Kinnickinnic Station – 1718 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, 8am – 4:30pm
- Fond du Lac Station – 3201 W. Fond du Lac Ave, 8am – 4:30pm
- After submitting your ticket, you will be given a booklet of 10 tickets to use any time.
- Note – you need to hand in your paper pass in exchange for the reimbursement, so July monthly pass holders will not want to come in until August.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Transit System
MCTS Excellence began in late 2016 as a video series posted on the company’s website and official social media accounts.
Direct Service for Guests on Freeway Flyers, Downtown Shuttle and Local Routes
MCTS provides three great transportation options for anyone enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes of the World’s Largest Music Festival.