Make sure your absentee ballot is counted!
To date, 157,687 absentee ballots have been issued (including early voting) with 124,614 returned.
As Election Day draws near, Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is asking all residents who have not yet cast their ballot to have a plan to vote, and particularly those individuals who requested an absentee ballot by mail and have not yet returned it.
“We are less than one week away from Election Day, and those who have not yet returned their absentee ballot via mail should take the proper steps to ensure that their vote is counted,” said President Johnson. “There are 15 secure drop boxes stationed throughout the city, and this close to the election submitting your ballot via drop box is the best way to make sure it is received.”
Voters can return their absentee ballots to the drop boxes until 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 3. This allows for the ballots to be delivered for counting by 8 p.m. as required under state law. The drop box locations are as follows:
- Atkinson Library, 1960 W Atkinson Ave.
- Bay View Library, 2566 S Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Capitol Library, 3969 N. 74th St.
- Center Street Library, 2727 W Fond du Lac Ave.
- Central Library Centennial Hall, 733 N 8th St.
- City Hall Complex, 200 E Wells St.
- East Library, 2320 N Cramer St.
- Election Commission Warehouse, 1901 S Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Good Hope Library, 7715 W Good Hope Rd.
- Martin Luther King Library, 310 W Locust St.
- Mitchell Street Library, 906 W Historic Mitchell St.
- Tippecanoe Library, 3912 S Howell Ave.
- Villard Square Library, 5190 N 35th St.
- Washington Park Library, 2121 N Sherman Blvd.
- Zablocki Library, 3501 W Oklahoma Ave.
To date, 157,687 absentee ballots have been issued (including early voting) with 124,614 returned. The deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail is 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 29th. Residents can also continue to vote early in-person through November 1st. A full list of early voting sites and additional election information can be found here.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here