Kids From Wisconsin Receives COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grant Award
Milwaukee, WI – November 17, 2020 — Governor Tony Evers recently announced that $15 million in COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grants has been awarded to 385 cultural organizations across Wisconsin. The Kids From Wisconsin, one of our states most iconic youth performance groups, was awarded $100,671.00 through this grant program.
“Just like small businesses, cultural organizations have taken a major financial hit,” said DOA Secretary Joel Brennan. “We’re all in this together. We hope that these funds will make it possible for us to be able to enjoy the museums, theaters and music from these organizations once it is safe to do so again.”
“This incredible support will enable Kids From Wisconsin to continue to provide free, virtual Master Classes for people of all ages, the “Realize Your Dream at Home” video series and most importantly, assist in the funding of a program designed for MPS elementary schools that currently do not provide music education.” stated Kids From Wisconsin’s Managing Director Tina Weiss. “Reaching into our community at this time of need is so important. We continue to serve our mission, although, in a dramatically different way. We are fortunate to have been able to maintain staff levels in order to develop a 12-week music residency for Milwaukee elementary students entitled “Music In Me” and an after-school performance program, “Music With My Friends” for middle schoolers.”
The comprehensive curriculum meets Wisconsin State standards and was presented to Milwaukee area schools as an option to provide music education, free for schools that don’t have programs. Kids From Wisconsin will begin their first of many virtual, “Music In Me” sessions with an elementary school in January.
“Over 40% of the organization’s revenue is from performance fees. Without the type of support offered in this grant, a program of this magnitude could not be made available.” Tina added, “The Cultural Organization Grant funding also ensures that we can invest in the technology for the program to stay connected with the students and schools. AND, for the performance side of things that KIDS are so well known for, large outdoor venues, statewide, are being looked at in order to perform in the 2021 tour season.”
To learn more about Kids From Wisconsin’s – Realize Your Dream Master Classes, auditions, at Home video series and more, please visit www.kidsfromwisconsin.org or call (414) 266-7067.
- About The CDC’s New Mask Guidance - Erik Gunn - May 16th, 2021
- WI Daily: 550 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 16th, 2021
- WI Daily: 513 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 14th, 2021
- Fully Vaccinated People Can Resume Activities Without Masks - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 14th, 2021
- Bill Would Ban UW-System Vaccine Requirements - Henry Redman - May 14th, 2021
- WI Daily: 485 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 13th, 2021
- State Approves COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 12 and Older - Erik Gunn - May 13th, 2021
- Brewers Home Games to be at Full Capacity Beginning June 25 - Milwaukee Brewers - May 13th, 2021
- Milwaukee Removing Most COVID-19 Restrictions on June 15th - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations to Children Ages 12-15 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 12th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Kids From Wisconsin
Adding Diversity and Community Enrichment in Milwaukee