Join us Saturday, June 9 for the 1st Annual Ride with Pride!
Milwaukee Pride, Harley-Davidson Museum to co-host motorcycle run
Milwaukee, WI – Milwaukee Pride, in partnership with the Harley-Davidson Museum, Brewtown Rumble, 91.7 WMSE and the Milwaukee Police Department, has announced the first-ever Ride with Pride motorcycle run on Saturday, June 9.
“After celebrating our 30th anniversary in 2017, our Board of Directors wanted to add something unique and different this year,” said Michail Takach, Milwaukee Pride vice president of communications. “We want something that shared the authentic spirit of Milwaukee and fierce, independent strength of our festival. A motorcycle ride is the perfect match.”
Event organizer Cormac Kehoe has organized theme motorcycle rides for over a decade, including the local Mad Max, Evil Knievel and Nun Runs.
“I was excited when Milwaukee Pride asked me to organize the ride,” said Kehoe. “I proudly accept the challenge of getting everyone on bikes, hitting the streets, and extending the spirit of PrideFest throughout the city.”
WHO: All bikes, all groups, all riders, all ages welcome!
WHEN: Meet at 10 a.m. at the Harley-Davidson Museum (400 W. Canal St.) The ride will depart the Museum at 11 a.m. sharp and continue for several hours.
WHERE: The Pride Ride will take many twists and turns as it navigates the city. Stops will include the lakefront, Estabrook Park Biergarten, the PrideFest Milwaukee front gates, Hamburger Mary’s, and a few random stops throughout the city. Route maps will not be published or distributed in advance. Expect the unexpected — and expect to visit places you’ve never been before!
WHAT: Pride flags, colorful capes, and outrageous outfits are encouraged, but not required.
There is no cost to participate and no advance registration is required. All participants will receive a free same-day admission ticket to PrideFest Milwaukee 2018.
Kick off PrideFest weekend on Thursday, June 7 with United We Roll Bike Night at the Harley-Davidson Museum. From 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., join riders and non-riders at Motorcycle Plaza for live music, fun, plenty of eye candy and much, much more:
- Enjoy food and drink specials inside and outside MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant, including MOTOR Bike Night Koozie Specials all season long.
- DJ Jayx from 91.7 WMSE will spin Transcentral Radio, spotlighting the latest releases from the world, club and dance scenes.
- Visit the Harley-Davidson Museum® from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. H.O.G members get in free to the H-D Museum every day. (For full admission prices and event details, visit h-dmuseum.com.)
“The Pride Ride is an exciting addition to our festival weekend — not only because it’s making pride visible throughout the streets of Milwaukee — but because it’s bringing people together from all walks of life to be seen and be heard,” said Kate Sherry, Milwaukee Pride’s vice president of operations.
“On June 9, Milwaukee might just see one of the largest pride-themed motorcycle runs in history!”
Milwaukee Pride, Inc. seeks sponsors to underwrite operating costs for the 1st Annual Pride Ride. Sponsorships start as low as $50. If you would like to be a sponsor of this year’s event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Milwaukee Pride
The mission of Milwaukee Pride, Inc., is:
- to educate both the general community and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ) communities about needs, issues and various aspects of the LGBTQ culture;
- to provide a forum to celebrate the history and accomplishments of LGBTq people;
- to create an environment for networking and outreach for services and community opportunities for LGBTQ people and their families and friends; and
- any other activities exclusively for charitable, educational, and research purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by PrideFest
Give Plus One to support local LGBTQ health and wellness
30th anniversary celebration welcomed over 37,000 guests