Governor Scott Walker Announces 2015 Wisconsin Financial Literacy Award Recipients
Madison – Governor Scott Walker announced today that 15 individuals, businesses, and organizations have been named recipients of the 2015 Governor’s Financial Literacy Award, as selected by the Governor’s Council on Financial Literacy.
“These well-deserving individuals and organizations are equipping Wisconsin citizens with an important life skill. They are truly making a difference in communities across the state,” Governor Walker said. “By improving their financial capabilities, Wisconsin consumers can make more informed decisions about their money, ultimately, helping themselves while strengthening our economy.”
The recipients will be honored in a ceremony at the Capitol on February 10, 2016. They were selected from 32 nominations submitted for consideration. Criteria used in the screening process included innovative implementation, demonstrated measurable results, collaboration with partners, and whether the effort was focused on needs-based groups.
Recipients of the 2015 Governor’s Financial Literacy Award are:
· Dana Berger, Financial Information & Service Center (FI$C) Goodwill Industries, Menasha
· Steve Adams, Northwood High School, Minong
· Kory Krauss, Catholic Charities – Consumer Credit Counseling, Green Bay
· Sauk Prairie Economic Empowerment Project, Sauk Prairie
· School District of New Berlin, New Berlin
· Talk With our Kids About Money Day (TWOKAM) – A Money Fair Project, Milwaukee
· Altra Federal Credit Union, Onalaska
· Layton State Bank Financial Scholars Program, West Allis
· Royal Credit Union, Eau Claire
· Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds, Madison
· Community State Bank, Union Grove
· Brian Schultz, University of Wisconsin –River Falls, River Falls
· Teresa Walker, Department of Financial Intuitions, Madison
· Jody Forsythe, Northwestern High School, Maple
The Governor’s Council on Financial Literacy was created by Executive Order #24 and held its inaugural meeting in April 2011. The mission of the Council is to measurably improve the financial literacy of Wisconsin citizens.
The Council is chaired by William E. Wilcox, MCE, President of CBM Credit Education Foundation Inc. of Madison. Co-vice chairs are Ray Allen, Secretary of the Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), and Ted Nickel, Commissioner of the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance. David Mancl, Director of DFI’s Office of Financial Literacy, is Executive Director of the Council. Mancl may be contacted by e-mail, email@example.com, or by phone at 608-261-9540.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.