Gov. Walker’s Foxconn Scam Already Starting to Unravel as News Breaks of Additional $134 Million Cost to Taxpayers
"Now that the Foxconn deal has started to unravel, so has Walker’s hope of a third term."
EAU CLAIRE – Dana Wachs responded to news from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel released Friday night that Foxconn failed to meet a contractual deadline for depositing $60 million to purchase land to build a new factory in Wisconsin. Shortly thereafter, reporting by the Wisconsin State Journal also revealed that Gov. Scott Walker is planning to divert $134 million from road projects around the state to build roads for Foxconn. These costs come on top of the $3 billion Walker agreed to pay Foxconn and the $6.8 million he wants to spend recruiting workers for the wealthy foreign corporation:
“It was only a matter of time before Gov. Walker’s Foxconn scam started to unravel. Foxconn has a terrible track record. They bailed on deals in other states and in other countries.
“I was appalled when I learned that Gov. Walker plans to take millions of dollars away from road projects all across our state to fund special road projects just for Foxconn. Our roads are crumbling. The average Wisconsin driver spends $637 per year on road-related repairs to their cars. Walker is going to take even more money away from road projects across our state to fund his pet project in Southeastern Wisconsin.
“Folks in Wisconsin saw through Gov. Walker’s empty promises. Now that the Foxconn deal has started to unravel, so has Walker’s hope of a third term.”
Wachs for Wisconsin
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: The Foxconn Road to Ruin - James Rowen - Mar 9th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Dana Wachs
"Now is the time for unity."
"Their challenge was ridiculous and that’s why the Elections Commission rejected it."
"Wisconsin taxpayers are left holding the bag while Foxconn rolls back its investment in our state."