Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today ordered the flags of the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff on Sat., June 12, 2021, in honor of firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department. Fedie passed away on May 31, 2021 after contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty.
“Every day our first responders put their lives on the line to serve their communities and help their neighbors in need, and unfortunately, Josh’s passing is a reminder that this pandemic isn’t over and that those serving on the frontlines are often at the greatest risk,” said Gov. Evers. “My thoughts and deepest condolences are with Josh’s three children and partner, Mindy, his family and loved ones, and his entire firefighter family in Boscobel and across Wisconsin.”
Fedie has been a firefighter with the Boscobel Fire Department for nine years. Prior to that, he was a firefighter with the Prairie du Chien Fire Department and has served the people of Wisconsin at Departments of Corrections and Natural Resources.
A celebration of life will be held on June 12, 2021, in Boscobel.
Executive Order #123 is in effect from sunrise to sunset on Sat., June 12, 2021, and is available here.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases at Historic Low - Graham Kilmer - Jun 18th, 2021
- DHS Now Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern B.1.617.2, the Delta Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 16th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Host Second Vaccine Clinic on June 17 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 15th, 2021
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here