Gov. Evers, DHS Announce Wisconsin to Offer At-Home COVID-19 Testing Option
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers, together with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), today announced a new contract with Vault Medical Services that will add an additional tool to the Wisconsin COVID-19 testing toolbox starting today. At-home COVID-19 saliva collection kits will be available to everyone who lives in Wisconsin, with or without symptoms, at no cost.
“We believe that anyone in Wisconsin who needs to be tested for COVID-19 should have access to a test, and I’m proud of our statewide testing efforts throughout this pandemic,” said Gov. Evers. “We also know that getting to a health care provider or a community testing site isn’t easy for everyone, and that’s why we are excited to offer this new option to make testing even more accessible for folks across our state.”
“This is an important tool to provide easy access to COVID-19 testing,” said DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. “As we roll out the COVID-19 vaccine to more Wisconsinites, we need to continue testing, contact tracing, and public health measures such as wearing a mask and social distancing.”
A saliva test is similar to a nasal swab test you might receive from a provider or at a community testing site. Like a nasal swab test, a saliva test determines whether you have an active COVID-19 infection and can spread it to others.
More information can be found on the Wisconsin COVID-19 testing webpage.
For up-to-date information about Wisconsin’s COVID-19 response, visit the DHS COVID-19 webpage. We encourage you to follow @DHSWI on Facebook, Twitter, or dhs.wi on Instagram for more information on COVID-19.
- Data Wonk: How Republicans Are Killing Their Supporters - Bruce Thompson - Dec 8th, 2021
- Hospital Leaders Sound Alarm On COVID Surge - Diane Bezucha - Dec 7th, 2021
- Federal-State Battle Over School Pandemic Aid - Erik Gunn - Dec 7th, 2021
- 87,000 Children In State Now Vaccinated - Madeline Fox - Dec 6th, 2021
- First Case of the Omicron Variant Identified in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 4th, 2021
- DHS Provides Update on Omicron Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 3rd, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Brandon R. Romo - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Americans for Prosperity Calls on Gov. Evers to Protect WI Workers Against Misguided Vaccine & Testing Mandates - AFP Wisconsin - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Protecting against a new variant - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Dec 2nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here