Gov. Evers Delivers Democratic Radio Address on Statewide Face Covering Requirement
Hi, folks. Governor Tony Evers here.
As we battle the new surge of COVID-19 across our state, today I announced a new face covering order that goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on August 1st.
This order requires every Wisconsinite 5 years or older to wear a face covering or mask whenever they are out in public and are indoors or in an public enclosed space like an outdoor bar or a taxi.
It doesn’t care what side of the county line you live on, and frankly, folks, this piecemeal approach is not working.
We need to get back to working together statewide to flatten the curve and to prevent the spread of this virus.
So I am calling on Wisconsinites to stick to their Wisconsin values of kindness, empathy, and respect and to wear a mask whenever you are out and about.
The most important thing you can do is serve as an example to those around you by wearing a mask or face covering, practicing physical distancing, and following best safety practices.
While I know emotions are high when it comes to wearing face coverings in public, I want to remind everyone that we are in a battle against this virus, not each other.
Let’s mask up, Wisconsin, and let’s work together to get our state back on track. Thank you.
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
- MKE County: Children Are Rising Share of COVID-19 Cases - Graham Kilmer - Sep 10th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
- Court Watch: Why Court Voided Evers Emergency Order - Gretchen Schuldt - Apr 5th, 2021
- Statement by Heartland Institute Director Jeré Fabick on WI Supreme Court Victory Against Gov. Tony Evers - Heartland Institute - Mar 31st, 2021
- Senator Agard: Statement on Supreme Court Decision - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 31st, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Hyperpartisan Supreme Court is Endangering the Public - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Mar 31st, 2021
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Gov. Evers’ Multiple Emergency Declarations Violate Law - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 31st, 2021
- Rep. Hesselbein Statement on Supreme Court Ruling on Emergency Orders - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - Mar 31st, 2021
- Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Mar 31st, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Regarding Supreme Court Decision - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 31st, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Ruling - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Mar 31st, 2021
- State Supreme Court Overrules Evers’ Emergency Powers - Laurel White - Mar 31st, 2021
Read more about Statewide Mask Mandate here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers