Gov. Evers Delivers Democratic Radio Address Encouraging Wisconsinites to Wear Masks
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today delivered the Democratic Radio Address encouraging Wisconsinites to wear masks to protect our friends, family, and neighbors.
Hi, folks. Governor Tony Evers here.
Here in Wisconsin, we look out for our neighbors.
One of the most important things you can do to help others right now is to wear a mask or other face covering in public.
Wearing a mask in public is simple and necessary, and it can help keep our neighbors safe.
Every day, healthcare workers like my daughter, grocery store workers, first responders, childcare workers, and so many others, don’t have the luxury of taking a mask off throughout their workday or choosing when or how to wear one at all.
Some even have to wear masks and PPE for 12-hour shifts.
We need these folks to stay healthy so that they can continue to do their good work safely and they need us to help them stay safe by limiting the spread of this virus.
So, let’s all do our part to help those on the frontlines by staying safer at home and wearing masks whenever we go out.
We’re all in this together and we are going to get through this together by maintaining those values to help keep our friends, neighbors, loved ones, and communities healthy and safe.Thank you.
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing Continues to Fall, Case Rate Continues to Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 5th, 2020
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
First Lady Evers Announces the Wisconsin 19th Amendment Celebration Committee’s New “Women Who Inspire” NomineeJul 2nd, 2020 by Gov. Tony Evers
Committee celebrates Dr. Berdie Cowser of Milwaukee