Foxconn Fiscal Analysis Deeply Troubling for Wisconsin Taxpayers
"I am deeply troubled by the long-term negative fiscal implications that the proposed Foxconn legislation could put the State of Wisconsin in."
MADISON, WI – State Representative David Crowley (D-Milwaukee) issued the following statement in response to the fiscal analysis released today by Wisconsin’s Legislative Fiscal Bureau regarding proposed Foxconn legislation.
“I am deeply troubled by the long-term negative fiscal implications that the proposed Foxconn legislation could put the State of Wisconsin in. According to the fiscal analysis release this afternoon by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau, even if Foxconn delivered on their promise of creating 13,000 jobs, Wisconsin taxpayers would be on the hook until approximately 2043. Those numbers get even worse if Foxconn does not fulfill their 13,000 job promise, creating a potential situation where our grandchildren could still be paying the company for a deal that was made this year.
“Like all my fellow legislators, I know the importance of creating jobs here for the citizens of Wisconsin. However, I warn that this proposal could end in a reward that does not justify the size of the financial risk. This legislation thus must contain more guarantees concerning labor compensation, more claw back provisions, and a transportation addition to guarantee individuals in Southeastern Wisconsin the ability to get to these jobs. Without these guarantees, this legislation could be too big of a risk for Wisconsin taxpayers.”
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: The Foxconn Road to Ruin - James Rowen - Mar 9th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by County Executive David Crowley
Milwaukee County Executive Crowley Urges Residents to Complete the 2020 Census with Support from County Call CentersJul 1st, 2020 by County Executive David Crowley
Effort uses a racial equity lens to ensure the ‘hardest to count’ populations are accounted for in 2020
With Summer Here, Milwaukee County Officials Encourage Residents to Take Precautions During Hot WeatherJun 29th, 2020 by County Executive David Crowley
With people isolating because of COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to check on vulnerable residents
Milwaukee County intends to be an inclusive place, reflective of the diversity of the communities we serve.