Foxconn breaking promises before they’ve even broke ground
"A bad deal has gotten worse."
MADISON — The following are statements from Democratic Party of Wisconsin chair Martha Laning and Democratic Party of Wisconsin vice chair David Bowen on news that Foxconn is scaling back its factory in Mount Pleasant:
“Foxconn is breaking promises before they’ve even broke ground in Wisconsin,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin vice chair David Bowen. “That should set off alarm bells for every Wisconsinite: we may be stuck with even worse outcomes from this project while Foxconn continues to reap the benefits of its $4.5 billion taxpayer giveaway.
“A bad deal has gotten worse,” added Democratic Party of Wisconsin chair Martha Laning. “But the fact is, the warning signs were there all along, and Scott Walker chose to ignore them. Now our children and our children’s children will be stuck with the fallout from this deal for decades to come because Walker put his political ambitions before our state’s future.
“Scott Walker handed out $4.5 billion to Foxconn the minute they asked for it, yet spent years telling Wisconsinites that we didn’t have the money to fully fund our classrooms or our road repairs. A Democratic governor would have put their priorities with the hardworking people of Wisconsin, and invested in a future for Wisconsin that meant good schools for our children, safe roads to drive on and strong local economies and investments for entrepreneurs throughout the state.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here