Finance and Personnel Committee to discuss receipt and distribution of federal relief funds
During tomorrow’s meeting of the Finance and Personnel Committee (Wednesday, March 17), the committee will hear file #201526 – Communication from the Department of Administration – Budget and Management Division relating to the receipt and distribution of federal coronavirus relief funds. The file will be item number one on the agenda. Finance and Personnel Committee Chair Alderman Michael J. Murphy, a co-sponsor of the file introduced by Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs and also co-sponsored by Common Council President Cavalier Johnson, looks forward to discussing the historic stimulus package at tomorrow’s meeting.
“These federal stimulus dollars represent an immense opportunity for Milwaukee, and the Common Council has an obligation to wisely invest these funds in an equitable way that will have the greatest impact on improving the quality of life for the most residents,” said Alderman Murphy. “I would encourage stakeholders who are interested in this process to tune into tomorrow’s meeting where we will have a thoughtful conversation on all things related to this topic.”
“As officials discuss the best uses for these dollars it is vital that residents have information on how, where and when they can see an impact. We should be striving for maximum transparency, and I believe this legislation helps accomplish that goal,” said Alderman Murphy.
Common Council President Cavalier Johnson agrees with the sentiment. “Transparency is always vital in government, but it is key now more than ever as families have been grappling with the COVID-19 pandemic for a year and are looking to these stimulus funds for relief. This dashboard can serve as another tool to hold policymakers accountable and show residents exactly where these dollars are going.”
Tomorrow’s Finance and Personnel Committee meeting will begin at 9 a.m. The meeting will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
- WI Daily: 373 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 518 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 18th, 2021
- WI Daily: 727 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: 709 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 16th, 2021
- MKE County: Children Contributing to Rising COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Apr 16th, 2021
- Wisconsin Unemployment at 3.8% - Erik Gunn - Apr 16th, 2021
- White House Announces $1.7 Billion Investment to Fight COVID-19 Variants that Senator Baldwin Worked to Include in American Rescue Plan - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Apr 16th, 2021
- Federal Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care (LTC) Program Ending - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 16th, 2021
- Council file seeks Health Department information on Johnson & Johnson vaccinations - Ald. Milele Coggs - Apr 16th, 2021
- Vaccination Numbers Going Down - Graham Kilmer - Apr 15th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here