Face mask petition shows strong support from every corner of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI – Yesterday, the office of Senator Chris Larson began circulating a petition for a statewide mask mandate to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Wisconsin. In less than 24 hours, over 8,000 people have signed from hundreds of municipalities across the state. Senator Larson released the following statement:
“The tremendous support we have received for a statewide mask mandate has been overwhelming. What some might think is the absolute least we can do is also the simplest, most effective way for us to control the spread of COVID-19 and give us a fighting chance to open schools safely this academic year.
“Until a safe, effective vaccine is available, which likely won’t be until sometime next year, masks are our best bet. Your mask protects you, my mask protects me. With over 30 states having already issued mask orders, red and blue alike, this is not a partisan issue. It’s time for Wisconsin leaders to follow the science, too.”
As of Monday, July 27th, Wisconsin had 49,417 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 9,873 active cases, 4,420 total hospitalizations, and 893 total deaths.
- Republicans Fight Evers Mask Order - Erik Gunn - Sep 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: Record Number of People Hospitalized with COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Governor Evers Violates State Law Again with Third COVID Emergency Declaration - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Sep 22nd, 2020
- DPW Statement on 200,000 Coronavirus Deaths - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 22nd, 2020
- State Prisons Charging Inmates for Masks - Gretchen Schuldt - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Baldwin Calls On Republicans to Stand for Science, Support Bill to Stop Trump Administration’s Political Interference in COVID-19 Response - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Is UW-Madison Spreading COVID-19? - Henry Redman - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Evers Declares New Health Emergency, Extends Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Declares New Public Health Emergency Due to Campus Outbreaks, Issues New Face Coverings Order - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 22nd, 2020
- WI Daily: Hospitalizations Reach Highest Point Since Early April - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 21st, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here