Face mask petition shows strong support from every corner of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI – Yesterday, the office of Senator Chris Larson began circulating a petition for a statewide mask mandate to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Wisconsin. In less than 24 hours, over 8,000 people have signed from hundreds of municipalities across the state. Senator Larson released the following statement:
“The tremendous support we have received for a statewide mask mandate has been overwhelming. What some might think is the absolute least we can do is also the simplest, most effective way for us to control the spread of COVID-19 and give us a fighting chance to open schools safely this academic year.
“Until a safe, effective vaccine is available, which likely won’t be until sometime next year, masks are our best bet. Your mask protects you, my mask protects me. With over 30 states having already issued mask orders, red and blue alike, this is not a partisan issue. It’s time for Wisconsin leaders to follow the science, too.”
As of Monday, July 27th, Wisconsin had 49,417 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 9,873 active cases, 4,420 total hospitalizations, and 893 total deaths.
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Regarding Passing of Officer Joseph Kurer - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 23rd, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Sept. 28 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Sep 23rd, 2021
- Op Ed: Biden is Right On Vaccine Mandates - John Torinus - Sep 23rd, 2021
- Pandemic Shows Value of Local Pharmacies - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Sep 22nd, 2021
- State Sen. Jacque Released From Hospital - Megan Hart - Sep 21st, 2021
- City Offers $100 Vaccination Incentive - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 21st, 2021
- UW System returns to pre-pandemic levels of in-person instruction for Fall 2021 - University of Wisconsin System - Sep 21st, 2021
- Kleefisch Tests Positive for COVID-19 - Corri Hess - Sep 20th, 2021
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here