DNR Seeking Public Input On PFAS Contamination In Marinette, Peshtigo And Surrounding Communities
MADISON, Wis — The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is holding listening sessions on Wednesday, Oct. 20, to seek public input on PFAS contamination in the City of Marinette, the Town of Peshtigo and surrounding communities. These listening sessions are the 16th in a series of public input opportunities hosted by the DNR for area residents.
The listening sessions will include routine updates from the DNR and the Department of Health Services (DHS) regarding the status of the PFAS investigations in the community.
These contaminants have made their way into the environment through spills of PFAS-containing chemicals, discharges of PFAS-containing wastewater to treatment plants and certain types of firefighting foams.
Addressing PFAS contamination in the environment is part of Gov. Tony Evers‘ statewide initiative to ensure Wisconsinites have access to clean, safe drinking water. In 2019, the governor signed Executive Order #40 to address the issue of PFAS across the state.
LISTENING SESSIONS ON PFAS CONTAMINATION IN MARINETTE & PESHTIGO
WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 20, noon-2 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.
- Christine Haag – DNR Remediation and Redevelopment Program Director
- Bridget Kelly – DNR Remediation and Redevelopment Program PFAS Team Leader
- Alyssa Sellwood – DNR Remediation and Redevelopment Program Project Manager
- Kyle Burton – DNR Drinking Water and Groundwater Field Operations Director
- Brita Kilburg-Basnyat – DHS Toxicologist
WHERE: Join via Zoom here.
Join by phone: 312-626-6799; Meeting ID: 822 9180 9472
- Wisconsin Awarded $142 Million to Address PFAS, Lead Pipes - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 3rd, 2021
- State Needs PFAS Rules Now, Advocates Say - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Senator Agard Testifies in Support of DNR’s PFAS Standards - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Dec 1st, 2021
- AG Kaul Calls on U.S. Senate to Pass Legislation to Protect the Public from Toxic ‘Forever’ Chemicals - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Dec 1st, 2021
- AG Kaul Urges Swift Senate Action Against Toxic “Forever” Chemicals - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Nov 16th, 2021
- Baldwin: “I am proud to stand on the side of delivering results for Wisconsin.” - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Nov 15th, 2021
- A First Step: Infrastructure Act Invests in Clean Transportation, Safe Water and Climate Resilience - Clean Wisconsin - Nov 9th, 2021
- PFAS Rules Getting Weaker, Advocates Say - Danielle Kaeding - Nov 5th, 2021
- DNR Orders JCI To Do More PFAS Testing - Danielle Kaeding - Oct 21st, 2021
- Wisconsin Must Move Forward Now to Protect Families from “Forever Chemicals” - Clean Wisconsin - Oct 19th, 2021
Read more about PFAS Problem here