Dictator Evers’ Mask Decree
Mukwonago, WI—In light of Governor Evers recent statewide mask mandate Rep. Cody Horlacher (R-Mukwonago) issued the following statement:
“I would like to share my extreme opposition to this mandate from Gov. Evers. Although, I am not surprised by his actions as they are consistent with his pattern of saying one and thing and doing another (e.g. closing restaurants, closing schools, the spring election, statewide lockdown), I am enraged with today’s announcement.
Wearing a mask is a personal choice. It is simply not the government’s role to tell you to wear a piece of fabric.
Businesses that wish to require masks at their establishments are free do to so on their private property.
Furthermore, there is no empirical evidence that cloth masks, which are what the majority of people are wearing, are actually having a positive impact.
The timing of this mandate is highly suspect. In this purely political move Gov. Evers has waited to enforce his mandate until the day after a conservative justice leaves the bench of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Finally, I have great concern about the enforcement of this mandate. This type of policy will only turn neighbor against neighbor. Our law enforcement professionals are already handling an unprecedented level of cases-it is simply ridiculous to ask them to be the mask police as well. A $200 forfeiture is not just. That is real money coming out of real families pockets all across our state. Many of these folks have lost their jobs and their businesses at the hand of Gov. Evers and now to add insult to injury he is charging them a forfeiture as well.
I am irate at the state of affairs in Wisconsin today and I call on Wisconsinites across the state to reach out to their elected officials.”
More about the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
More about the Statewide Mask Mandate
- Court Watch: Why Court Voided Evers Emergency Order - Gretchen Schuldt - Apr 5th, 2021
- Statement by Heartland Institute Director Jeré Fabick on WI Supreme Court Victory Against Gov. Tony Evers - Heartland Institute - Mar 31st, 2021
- Senator Agard: Statement on Supreme Court Decision - State Sen. Melissa Agard, Senate Democratic Leader - Mar 31st, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Hyperpartisan Supreme Court is Endangering the Public - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Mar 31st, 2021
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Gov. Evers’ Multiple Emergency Declarations Violate Law - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 31st, 2021
- Rep. Hesselbein Statement on Supreme Court Ruling on Emergency Orders - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - Mar 31st, 2021
- Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Mar 31st, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Regarding Supreme Court Decision - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 31st, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Ruling - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Mar 31st, 2021
- State Supreme Court Overrules Evers’ Emergency Powers - Laurel White - Mar 31st, 2021
Read more about Statewide Mask Mandate here
7 thoughts on “Dictator Evers’ Mask Decree”
We are in the middle of a pandemic. Let me remind you that the United States has confirmed 4.58 million cases, likely 10% of what we actually have. We have lost 154,000 American lives to the pandemic. Here in our state, we have confirmed 56, 111 cases and have 928 deaths. We are the only nation who did not shut down correctly and are suffering the consequences due to lack of leadership in the White House. The CDC and NIH have said wearing a mask saves lives – your own and others. You can join Herman Cain and Governor Stitt (both attended Trump’s Tulsa Rally – one now dead, the other quarantined), and Louie Gohmert – three of the Republican leaders who refused to wear masks. Wake up! https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/united-states?country=~USA
My deeper concern is that people actually vote for ignoramuses like this elected state representative
who would idealize Gov. Evers as a “ dictator.” Seriously? I’d call him “Wisconsin nice.”
“The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others.”- John Stuart Mill, “on Liberty.”
Time for Rep. Horlacher to take a deep breath (and hope that when he does so, his neighbors will be considerate enough to be wearing masks).
Hi Gerry! (I knew you from Nathan Hale)
Dear Rep. Horlacher,
Please re-read your statements regarding your assertion that Gov. Evers is a dictator.
You will see that every assertion you make pretty much describes our dictator in chief and facist,
Donald Trump–saying one thing and doing another. Not to mention every statement Trump makes
is frequently a lie. With elected officials like you with your head in the sand or elsewhere, this country
has lost thousands and thousands of loved ones. Perhaps when you or your family gets COVID19,
you might finally see the light of day.
I am always amazed at many Republican elected officials willingness to make political theater out of crises like Covid-19 and the health our citizens. As long as people in suburban areas and outstate Wisconsin keep on electing them, they will continue to threaten the well being of our citizens and democracy.