DHS Expands COVID Connect Test Registration Website to Include Spanish, Hmong, and Somali Languages
Today, Governor Tony Evers announced that COVID Connect(link is external), the Department of Health Services (DHS) COVID-19 test registration website, is now available in Spanish and soon will be available in Hmong and Somali. Since COVID Connect launched in July, more than 180,000 test registrations have been logged on the site. In order to increase access to COVID Connect for all Wisconsinites, DHS will continue to translate this registration tool into more languages.
“COVID Connect has been critically important for streamlining the registration process – creating efficiencies in processing tests, getting results back to those tested, and tracing the contacts of individuals who test positive,” said Governor Tony Evers. “We want to continue making sure our resources are accessible to everyone who needs them as we continue responding to this pandemic.”
“If we’re going to be successful in boxing in this virus, we need to reduce any obstacles that may prevent any individual from accessing a test,” said DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. “Making the site available in multiple languages is a big part of that effort.”
Typically, people register for testing using COVID Connect at a physical testing site. There are people and devices available to assist in registration, but people can also preregister(link is external). DHS encourages them to preregister as close as possible to the time of their actual test to ensure accurate tracking of symptoms and exposure among those tested.
If you are experiencing any symptoms, even if they’re mild, or have been in contact with someone that has tested positive, please get tested. More information about COVID-19 testing and a list of community testing sites, including sites that accept this preregistration, is available on the DHS website.
- WI Daily: Over 2,000 New Cases For The First Time - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 17th, 2020
- WI Daily: Only One Wisconsin County Has a Shrinking COVID-19 Spread - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 16th, 2020
- Hours Cut at City’s Free COVID Test Sites - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 16th, 2020
- Restaurant and Bar Covid-19 Safety Plans Drop Box Available - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 16th, 2020
- Data Wonk: Is COVID-19 Winning in Wisconsin? - Bruce Thompson - Sep 16th, 2020
- Evers Wants to Extend Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Sep 16th, 2020
- Baldwin to FDA: Maintain Public Trust in COVID-19 Vaccine Decisions by Making Reviews Transparent - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Sep 16th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Cases Declining In Every Age Group Except 18-24 - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 15th, 2020
- National Guard Testing Sites Hours Change - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 15th, 2020
- Americans’ Resilient Response: 84% of U.S. Adults Say COVID-19 Will Impact Their Ability to Achieve Long-Term Financial Security, but Confidence in a Robust Recovery is High - Northwestern Mutual - Sep 15th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
More Wisconsin calls to National Suicide Prevention Lifeline being answered in state
Encourages People to Protect Themselves and Their Communities from COVID-19