DHS Expands COVID Connect Test Registration Website to Include Spanish, Hmong, and Somali Languages
Today, Governor Tony Evers announced that COVID Connect(link is external), the Department of Health Services (DHS) COVID-19 test registration website, is now available in Spanish and soon will be available in Hmong and Somali. Since COVID Connect launched in July, more than 180,000 test registrations have been logged on the site. In order to increase access to COVID Connect for all Wisconsinites, DHS will continue to translate this registration tool into more languages.
“COVID Connect has been critically important for streamlining the registration process – creating efficiencies in processing tests, getting results back to those tested, and tracing the contacts of individuals who test positive,” said Governor Tony Evers. “We want to continue making sure our resources are accessible to everyone who needs them as we continue responding to this pandemic.”
“If we’re going to be successful in boxing in this virus, we need to reduce any obstacles that may prevent any individual from accessing a test,” said DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. “Making the site available in multiple languages is a big part of that effort.”
Typically, people register for testing using COVID Connect at a physical testing site. There are people and devices available to assist in registration, but people can also preregister(link is external). DHS encourages them to preregister as close as possible to the time of their actual test to ensure accurate tracking of symptoms and exposure among those tested.
If you are experiencing any symptoms, even if they’re mild, or have been in contact with someone that has tested positive, please get tested. More information about COVID-19 testing and a list of community testing sites, including sites that accept this preregistration, is available on the DHS website.
- WI Daily: 464 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 28th, 2021
- WI Daily: 689 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 27th, 2021
- HDA Statement on FDA Authorization of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - Healthcare Distribution Alliance - Feb 27th, 2021
- Gallagher Statement on Pelosi’s Payout - U.S. Rep Mike Gallagher - Feb 27th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Declining to Summer Levels - Graham Kilmer - Feb 26th, 2021
- State Launches Vaccine Provider Map - Graham Kilmer - Feb 26th, 2021
- WI Daily: 656 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 26th, 2021
- Supervisor Martin Calls on State Officials to Prioritize District 7 in Vaccination Effort - Sup. Felesia Martin - Feb 26th, 2021
- WI Daily: 840 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 25th, 2021
- Evers Signs Bill on Unemployment System - Laurel White - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
People 65+, teachers, and child care workers will be prioritized
Pilot Locations Will Begin Testing Software February 22