Department of Public Works Services For the August 29-September 1, 2014 Holiday and Furlough Weekend
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Friday, August 29 for a mandatory furlough day and Monday, September 1for the Labor Day holiday.
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Friday, August 29 for a mandatory furlough day and Monday, September 1for the Labor Day holiday. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on August 29 and September 1
- Self-Help Centers will be closed on August 29 and September 1, and open on Saturday & Sunday, August 30 & 31 from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m. each day
- No parking meter enforcement on Monday, September 1
- No overnight parking enforcement Saturday night into Sunday morning (August 31from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.),
- Sunday night into Monday morning (September 1 from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.), and Monday night into Tuesday morning (September 2 from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.)
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning (September 3 from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.)
- OPEN: Friday, August 29 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday, August 30 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- CLOSED: Sunday, August 31 & Monday, September 1
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center ¡V 286-3710
- The Milwaukee Water Works Customer Service Center will be closed August 29 & September 1
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at www.city.milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, call (414) 286-2830
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
Sewer contractor to appear before the Steering & Rules Committee to address racist symbols at work-siteDec 11th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
The meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.
City and Potawatomi strike 12-year, $10 million streetcar presenting sponsorship agreement, includes free rides for the first 12 monthsOct 6th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
City also announces the system name “The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino”
Attendees will learn about the historic figures that built the city and its historic building.