Democratic and Republican AGs Push Back on Indicted TX AG Ken Paxton Lawsuit
Current RAGA Chair Chris Carr Slaps Down Former RAGA Chair Ken Paxton
Today, Republican and Democratic Attorneys General in the key battleground states of Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin pushed back on an absurd and frivolous lawsuit filed today by indicted Republican Texas AG Ken Paxton. Paxton is seeking to invalidate the election results in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin – all states President-elect Joe Biden won.
Current Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) Chair Georgia AG Chris Carr’s office pushed back saying, “With all due respect, Texas Attorney General is constitutionally, legally and factually wrong about Georgia.”
Statement from Massachusetts AG Maura Healey and Nevada AG Aaron Ford, Co-Chairs of the Democratic Attorneys General Association:
“Ken Paxton continues to do disservice to the critical work we do as state Attorneys General. This latest lawsuit filed by the Texas Attorney General, which seeks to undermine the will of voters in states that are not Texas and that will have absolutely no impact on the outcome of the election, is meritless and desperate.”
“Indeed, the Georgia Attorney General got it right, and instead of continuing to sow doubt and distrust in the 2020 election, state AGs—regardless of party—should continue to speak out in support of the will of the people and protecting our democracy.”
- DAGA Co-Chairs called for Ken Paxton to resign in October.
- Ken Paxton is indicted on securities fraud and currently awaits trial.
- Ken Paxton is under investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Ken Paxton fired seven senior staffers who whisleblew on his potentially illegal behavior earlier this year.
- Ken Paxton threatened cities in Texas who did not lift COVID-19 restrictions meant to protect people.
- Ken Paxton supported the complete restriction of reproductive health care during the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ken Paxton is leading the Republican AG effort to repeal the entire ACA, which would take health care away from 20+ million people, and eliminate protections for 135+ million with pre-existing conditions.
- Ken Paxton served as the Chair of the Republican AG Association and currently serves as Co-Chair of Lawyers for Trump.
- Data Wonk: How Fox Spread Lies About State’s Election - Bruce Thompson - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Data Wonk: High Court Minority Embarrasses Itself - Bruce Thompson - Feb 24th, 2021
- Supreme Court Denies Trump’s Wisconsin Election Lawsuit - Graham Kilmer - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Data Wonk: With Donald Trump It’s Never Over - Bruce Thompson - Feb 17th, 2021
- Federal Judge Tears Apart Election Lawsuit - Graham Kilmer - Jan 4th, 2021
- Op Ed: Hagedorn Wisconsin’s Person of The Year - John Torinus - Dec 30th, 2020
- Trump Asks U.S. Supreme Court to Overturn Wisconsin’s Election - Graham Kilmer - Dec 29th, 2020
Read more about Trump's Election Lawsuits here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Attorneys General Association
Wisconsin and Michigan Republicans are following the dangerous political games played by North Carolina GOP in 2016