MADISON, Wis. — For four years, people across our country have demonstrated our commitment to standing with and for each other by marching to demand liberty and justice, pulling through this pandemic by pulling together, and rejecting every attempt to divide us based on what we look like, where we come from, or where we live.
This election season, our work has paid off. We saw young people, Black people and people struggling to make ends meet overcome unacceptable barriers to exercise their most basic right as Americans. We saw our non-partisan election officials prepare all year and work all night to ensure that every valid ballot gets counted. This is a triumph of democracy that Wisconsin will celebrate.
At the legislative level, Governor Tony Evers’s veto remains intact. There will not be a supermajority in the State Senate and Democrats have gained seats in the Assembly, showing the strength of progressive values in suburban areas.
Commented A Better Wisconsin Together Executive Director Nicole Safar, “This is a historic election in Wisconsin and we celebrate the triumph of democratic ideals. Wisconsinites have come together to vote for solutions to the pandemic, a deep recession, and persistent racial inequity. No matter who we voted for, we must unify to tackle these crises and deliver a Wisconsin where all of us can thrive. We must continue to hold power to account and build a better future.”
- Supreme Court Won’t Hear Lawsuit to Overturn Election - Graham Kilmer - Dec 4th, 2020
- Trump Sues Again, This Time in Milwaukee and Dane Counties - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2020
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Won’t Hear Trump Lawsuit - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Trump Files Second Suit Seeking to Throw Out Wisconsin Election - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Data Wonk: Trump’s Lawyers vs Democracy - Bruce Thompson - Dec 2nd, 2020
- Back in the News: Johnson Privately Concedes Biden Won - Bruce Murphy - Dec 2nd, 2020
- Kaul Blasts Republicans Disputing Election - Melanie Conklin - Dec 2nd, 2020
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Sidney Powell Files Suit to Overturn State Election - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Trump Lawsuit Would Throw Out Only Milwaukee and Dane County Votes - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Recent Press Releases by Jeramey Jannene
The Museum’s popular annual event returns April 11–14 with art-inspired floral arrangements, workshops, lectures, a fashion show and family-friendly activities.
Statement from Evan Goyke (D-Milwaukee) on September 11th, 2013