Building Commission Approves Projects
"I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects..."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Agricultural Education Center in Manitowoc County;
- Release of Building Trust Funds to complete preliminary plans for the design and construction of a modern Health Services Unit at the Racine Correctional Institution;
- Construction of a Fire Sprinkler Upgrade Project at the State Human Services Building in Madison, Wisconsin;
- Construction of Phase I Renovation of the Milwaukee Readiness Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin;
- Roof replacement at the power plant and central services buildings at the Veterans Home at King;
- Construction of an expansion project at the Central Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery at King;
- Release Stewardship Funding to Support Friends groups facility upgrades at 21 parks and recreation areas around the state; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of key projects, which will positively impact the state’s ability to provide core services to Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.