Arte Para Todos 2018
“Arte Para Todos” is the largest local-music festival in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin – Thursday, April 26 – Sunday, April 29 join Milwaukee musicians, venues, artists, and neighborhoods in a 4 day celebration local art and music culture in support of art programs in local schools. “Arte Para Todos” (Art for Everyone) is the largest local-music festival in Milwaukee (now in it’s 4th year): a four-day music and art series where all participating local bands are waiving their fees and 100% of proceeds from each event go toward supporting art and music programs in local schools and/or non-profits.
In Arte Para Todos’ first 3 years they have raised over $60,000, 100% of which were donated to their partners’ art programs.
The APT events are split up by neighborhood: Thursday night in Walker’s Point, Friday night in Bay View, Saturday in Harambee and Riverwest, and Sunday on the East Side. Overall, the event will span 27 venues and feature 70+ bands and many visual artists. Highlights of this year’s festival are:
- a 3 day art and music supply drive in association with Redline Milwaukee
- on Thursday April 26th in Walkers Point the first event and opening of The Cooperage (formerly Hot-Water Warehouse) featuring De La Buena
- Space Raft and live art from Dwellephant performing in Bay View at Frank’s Power Plant on Friday April 27th
- Jaill at the Riverwest Public House on Saturday April 28th, and the 2nd annual Broken Up Band Bazaar presented by Milwaukee Record at Black Husky Brewing
- and Devil Met Contention performing at the Jazz Estate, as well as a kid/family friendly music jam at the Urban Ecology Center on Sunday April 29th
Tickets for this year’s Arte Para Todos are $20 for a 4-day pass, $13 for 1-day pass, and $8 cash at the door for any event in the festival.
APT 2018 partners include but are not limited to: Albert E. Kagel Elementary, Doerfler Elementary School, South Division High School, and Express Yourself MKE.
All lineups are posted on the APT website (http://arteparatodos.me/events/) along with opportunity to donate to the cause and purchase 1-day and 4-day passes.
Arte Para Todos (art for everyone) was conceived as an answer to the defunding of art and music programming in schools, but it also serves as a replicable model of sustainable service to the community. Arte Para Todos is based on the idea that culture is an act of will, and that if we want a healthy, vibrant city where the arts can flourish then we have to act on that desire.