Americans for Prosperity Calls on Gov. Evers to Protect WI Workers Against Misguided Vaccine & Testing Mandates
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) today urged Governor Evers to immediately reject the Biden Administration’s OSHA Executive Order, mandating COVID-19 vaccination and testing. The grassroots group believes this top-down approach will drive government between employers and employees, pushing individuals out of work in the middle of a labor shortage and supply chain crisis.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement:
“The new blanket vaccination and testing mandate from Washington is neither timely, nor targeted – just another example of reckless government overreach in a failed attempt to solve COVID. This dangerous abuse of power will inevitably result in workforce shortages, cruelly hurting Wisconsin’s families and businesses. It’s been a tough year, but Wisconsinites have learned to adapt and innovate, and we should continue to entrust employers to handle workplace safety and COVID issues. We urge Governor Evers and Attorney General Josh Kaul to stand up for Wisconsin workers and fight back against Washington’s attack on our rights.”
AFP-WI’s staff and activists will organize statewide gatherings to educate voters about Governor Evers’ failure to stand up for Wisconsin employers and workers. They plan to deliver thousands of calls and emails to Evers’ office encouraging the governor to change his position.
Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce, the combined Wisconsin chamber and manufacturers association, recently announced that more than half of its surveyed members expect to lose between 11 and 40 percent of their workforce if the OSHA ETS is upheld and enacted.
For further information or an interview, reach Victoria Garcia at VGarcia@afphq.org or (571) 969-9615.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
- Milwaukee County Announces New Policies Related to COVID-19 Pandemic - County Executive David Crowley - May 9th, 2023
- DHS Details End of Emergency COVID-19 Response - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 26th, 2023
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin
Tax reform can boost Wisconsin’s future, provide long-term tax relief