All bids completed for mainline I-94 North-South Project
Project on track to be completed in record time
The I-94 North-South project will be the fastest mega project in WisDOT history. Today, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is announcing the low bidder on the I-94 North-South Project northern segment from County G in Racine County to College Avenue in Milwaukee County. Walsh Construction Company from Chicago, Illinois was the lowest of two bids at $161,597,372.93.
The project involves reconstructing and expanding 7.5-miles of freeway, reconstructing the interchange at 7 Mile Road and constructing a new interchange at Elm Road. Other work includes drainage, grading, paving, traffic signals and structures.
The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal for this contract is 10%.
Wisconsin communities across the state are already engaging in the economic rewards of the investment advancing the I-94 North-South project and the Foxconn development roads to support this thriving corridor as multiple businesses like Amazon, ULINE, Haribo and others are joining the Wisconsin Valley Science and Technology Park locating or expanding in this region.
Shippers and manufacturers move over $90 billion in goods along this corridor every year. We’re accelerating road construction work to ensure the freeway and local roads continue to support the rapid growth that is occurring across the corridor. Currently, construction contractors in Dodge, Jackson, Marathon, Outagamie and Wood counties, to name a few, have already received contracts during this construction phase.
The final segment of the mainline is awarded and all contracts will be completed by Memorial Day 2020.
For additional information on the I-94 North/South project go to:
For the latest traffic information, visit:
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here