A citizen and two MPD officers struck by vehicle during civil unrest
On Thursday, June 4, 2020, at approximately 3:07 a.m., officers were in the 300 block of W. Locust due to the civil unrest. Officers were effecting arrests of several individuals that were obstructing traffic and impeding the traffic flow.
As officers were attempting to effect an arrest of one of those individuals, a vehicle struck the two officers and the individual. The two officers fell to the ground after being struck and the citizen was dragged underneath the vehicle for several feet. The driver of the striking vehicle failed to stop at the scene to render aid or provide his information and fled the scene.
The citizen was a 27-year-old man from Milwaukee. He sustained serious injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. He is listed in stable condition.
The officers involved are a 29-,year-old male with over 4 years of service and a 46-year-old male with over 3 years of service with the Milwaukee Police Department. Both officers sustained non-life threatening injuries and were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
At approximately 3:45 a.m.. the striking vehicle was located in the City of Butler, Wisconsin. A 27-year-old man, a 21-year-old female and a 23-year-old female were arrested in connection to this offense. Criminal charges will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office in the upcoming days.
- Group Repainting Defund Mural, MPD Watches - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 5th, 2020
- Protest Day 37: Marches, Celebrations, Calls For Justice - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Rep. Brostoff’s Livestream From Tonight’s March - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Florists For Social Justice at Sherman Phoenix - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- This Weekends Protests Against Police Brutality - Graham Kilmer - Jul 3rd, 2020
- “Defund The Police” Becomes “Defend The Police” - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Protesters Enter the Cheesecake Factory at Mayfair - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: Should Police Report Every Time They Draw Weapon? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- Giannis Protest Mural Planned for Bay View Bar - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- Tosa PD Getting New Body Cameras - Isiah Holmes - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about George Floyd Protests here