5 Questions Scott Walker Must Answer on Foxconn’s Broken Promises
Here are just a few of the questions Walker should immediately answer
MADISON — The Foxconn façade is officially crumbling. With several more troubling reports coming out last week about the changing details of the project, it’s time for Wisconsinites to finally get some answers from their leaders. And since this negotiation started at the top, it’s only fitting that Scott Walker be the one to answer for his botched deal.
Here are just a few of the questions Walker should immediately answer:
- When did you know Foxconn had scrapped its plan to build the state-of-the-art Gen 10.5 factory that was committed to?
- This factory is much smaller and could create far fewer manufacturing jobs than the larger plant. How can you still guarantee that Foxconn will meet its commitment of creating 13,000 jobs?
- Taxpayers have already committed to over $1 Billion in public assistance to Foxconn not tied to the creation of a single job. Do you have a plan to get that money back if they fall short of their promises?
- When did you know that Foxconn planned to automate nearly all of the factory jobs in this plant? Do you still think this project is creating the type of jobs Wisconsin workers are looking for?
- Foxconn handed out big contracts to several of Walker’s donors. Can you promise that Foxconn money isn’t being used to support your campaign in any way?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Walker has refused to speak out at all about Foxconn’s shady bait-and-switch tactics, and it’s only creating more and more questions. Wisconsin taxpayers deserve to know the truth.
“It’s time Scott Walker take responsibility for Foxconn’s broken promises, and answer for his botched deal,” said DPW Communications Director Courtney Beyer. “Wisconsin taxpayers are on the hook for billions, and Walker refuses to make sure they get what they paid for. This deal is looking worse and worse, and Wisconsinites deserve answers immediately.”
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
- Audit Says Foxconn Loophole Needs a Fix - Corri Hess - Dec 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Residents Outraged by Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Dec 8th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Landing Google Contract? - Bruce Murphy - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Op Ed: Mistake? Foxconn Was a Whopper - John Torinus - Oct 30th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here