5 Questions Scott Walker Must Answer on Foxconn’s Broken Promises
Here are just a few of the questions Walker should immediately answer
MADISON — The Foxconn façade is officially crumbling. With several more troubling reports coming out last week about the changing details of the project, it’s time for Wisconsinites to finally get some answers from their leaders. And since this negotiation started at the top, it’s only fitting that Scott Walker be the one to answer for his botched deal.
Here are just a few of the questions Walker should immediately answer:
- When did you know Foxconn had scrapped its plan to build the state-of-the-art Gen 10.5 factory that was committed to?
- This factory is much smaller and could create far fewer manufacturing jobs than the larger plant. How can you still guarantee that Foxconn will meet its commitment of creating 13,000 jobs?
- Taxpayers have already committed to over $1 Billion in public assistance to Foxconn not tied to the creation of a single job. Do you have a plan to get that money back if they fall short of their promises?
- When did you know that Foxconn planned to automate nearly all of the factory jobs in this plant? Do you still think this project is creating the type of jobs Wisconsin workers are looking for?
- Foxconn handed out big contracts to several of Walker’s donors. Can you promise that Foxconn money isn’t being used to support your campaign in any way?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Walker has refused to speak out at all about Foxconn’s shady bait-and-switch tactics, and it’s only creating more and more questions. Wisconsin taxpayers deserve to know the truth.
“It’s time Scott Walker take responsibility for Foxconn’s broken promises, and answer for his botched deal,” said DPW Communications Director Courtney Beyer. “Wisconsin taxpayers are on the hook for billions, and Walker refuses to make sure they get what they paid for. This deal is looking worse and worse, and Wisconsinites deserve answers immediately.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
WisDems and Arena, in Partnership with the DNCC and BFP, Announce Free, All-Virtual Campaign AcademyAug 6th, 2020 by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Campaign Academy 2020 will provide free electoral training to thousands during Democratic National Convention