$3 Billion Foxconn Boondoggle Sells Out Wisconsin’s Future to Foreign Corporation
"Plainly and simply, the Foxconn giveaway is a bad deal for the people of Wisconsin."
MADISON – Representative Lisa Subeck (D-Madison) released the following statement regarding today’s upcoming vote on Special Session Assembly Bill 1, which provides a $3 billion subsidy to the Taiwanese company, Foxconn.
“Governor Walker and Republicans are poised to hand over $3 billion in corporate welfare and roll back laws that protect our environment in an attempt to woo a foreign company with a spotty track record to our state.
Plainly and simply, the Foxconn giveaway is a bad deal for the people of Wisconsin. With its unprecedented $3 billion price tag under which, even in the best-case scenario, Wisconsin taxpayers will not break even until 2043, the cost is just too high.
Imagine how $3 billion could be used to fund neighborhood schools, higher education, vital infrastructure, or health care for our most vulnerable residents. This bad deal makes it crystal clear that Governor Walker and Republicans in the Legislature are willing to sell out Wisconsin’s future to a foreign corporation.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
Vote by Mail Will Protect Our Health and Our Democracy
Put Victims First by Passing Bipartisan Bill (AB 214/SB 200) to Eliminate Future Backlogs for Sexual Assault KitsFeb 11th, 2020 by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
Representative Subeck Calls on Assembly Republicans to Put Sexual Assault Victims Ahead of Petty Partisan Politics