The Statue of Labor which is also known as “The Pewter Lady” by sculptor Gustav Haug is located in Jackson Park. From 1880 until 1909 the statue stood above the entrance of the Chamber of Commerce building (Mackie Building). In 1909 the statue was moved to Reynolds Grove (Jackson Park) as a gift from the South Division Civic Association. The inscription on the statue’s base reads “May this statue ever be a silent witness to the progress and growth of Milwaukee.”
© 2019, Urban Milwaukee, Inc. All rights reserved.