Downtown building that is home to the Milwaukee County Historical Society. Was formerly home to the Second Ward Savings Bank.
Building opened to the public on February 3rd, 1913. Records indicate that the building cost $400,000 to build.
It was donated to Milwaukee County in 1965.
Cornice repairs are ongoing as of 2015. Prior to that that the building was restored and was used as a filming location for the film Public Enemies.
The building was designed by the firm of Kirchhoff & Rose. It replaced a previous Second Ward Savings Bank building at the site.
ROW Occupancy Permit.
ROW Excavation Non-Utility.
Fire Alarm Permit.
- Historical Society could get cash first pitched for Marcus Center - Nov 28th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin