American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing
Brewers playoff run requires team to use parking lot.
The largest COVID-19 testing site in Milwaukee County is closing.
The Milwaukee Health Department will need to replace the drive-through and walk-up testing site at American Family Field. The Milwaukee Brewers expect to need the space during the Major League Baseball playoffs.
“The Milwaukee Health Department is actively working to secure a centrally located, mass drive-through site,” said Mayor Tom Barrett during a press briefing Tuesday afternoon. He declined to identify potential locations.
Through Saturday, Sept. 25, the ballpark site is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is located in the ballpark’s Yount parking lot.
Two other city-run testing sites remain open without a change in operation. The Northwest Health Center, 7630 W. Mill Rd., and Southside Health Center, 1639 S. 23rd St., continue to offer drive-through testing.
Both are open Monday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Visitors can save time by pre-registering to get tested.
All public COVID-19 testing is free. A number of private health care providers, including Walgreens, also offer testing. More information on COVID-19 testing sites is available on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here