Chris Larson Files To Run for U.S. Senate
State senator hopes to make move to Washington.
Another candidate has emerged in the 2022 U.S. Senate race.
On Tuesday, Wisconsin State Senator Chris Larson (D-Milwaukee) filed the necessary paperwork to create a campaign committee with the Federal Elections Committee.
Steven Olikara, head of the Millennial Action Project, created an exploratory committee, a precursor to filing to run. Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes is rumored to be interested in the seat. Representative Ron Kind has indicated an interest in running.
The seat’s current holder, Republican Ron Johnson, has not formally declared if he will run for a third term. Democrat Tammy Baldwin, up for re-election in 2024, holds Wisconsin’s other seat.
Larson, 40, told Urban Milwaukee via text message to “stay tuned” when asked for a comment.
He served as a member of the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors from 2008 until his election to the senate. He ran unsuccessfully for Milwaukee County Executive in 2016 and 2020.
Milwaukee Area Technical College sociology professor Pamela Malone is listed as Larson’s treasurer.
More about the 2022 U.S. Senate Race
- Bernie Sanders Endorses Barnes for US Senate - Rich Kremer - Jul 18th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: Will Senate Democratic Debate Change Race? - Bruce Murphy - Jul 18th, 2022
- Small Business Owners Grill Democratic Senate Candidates - Erik Gunn - Jun 28th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: Which Democrat Can Beat Ron Johnson? - Bruce Murphy - Jun 20th, 2022
- Op Ed: GOP Needs Alternative to Ron Johnson - David Irwin - Feb 9th, 2022
- Lasry, Godlewski Spend Heavily on Campaigns - Shawn Johnson - Feb 2nd, 2022
- Ron Johnson Dramatically Underperforms in First Finance Report Since Announcing for Reelection - Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes - Feb 1st, 2022
- Re-election Bid Just the Latest Lie From Ron Johnson - A Better Wisconsin Together - Jan 10th, 2022
- Alex Lasry Releases New Digital Ad Targeting Ron Johnson - Alex Lasry - Jan 10th, 2022
- Ron Johnson Explains Run For Reelection - Laurel White - Jan 9th, 2022
Read more about 2022 U.S. Senate Race here
2 thoughts on “Chris Larson Files To Run for U.S. Senate”
I like Chris Larson, and this move makes zero sense to me, unless he’s done being in the State Senate. He doesn’t have a great statewide profile.
Although if he cancels out Lasry, and convinces Barnes to stay as Lt. Gov, that’s a win for Dems.
I am very pleased to hear that Sen. Larson has taken on this challenge. Having worked with him as a member of the Milwaukee County Board, I have first hand knowledge of his good character, as well as the positive values he promotes as a legislator. I would encourage folks to give strong consideration to supporting his candidacy.