City Won’t Enhance Current COVID-19 Restrictions
A week ago the health department anticipated rolling back current health order.
The City of Milwaukee Health Department will not be moving back its COVID-19 health order after all.
Last week, Health Commissioner Kirsten Johnson announced that her department was anticipating moving the health order, currently in phase six back to phase five, to combat rising cases of COVID-19.
This move would have reduced capacity limits at businesses and organizations without approved safety plans, though businesses with approved safety plans would not have been “substantially affected,” the department said at the time. The city’s mask mandate is still in effect.
The positivity rate, which measures the percentage of tests that come back positive for COVID-19 is at approximately 5% and the disease burden is between 80 and 90 cases per 100,000 people. This data puts the city somewhere between phase five and phase six.
“Because of this, and because we are hopeful more people will be vaccinated, we are keeping the phase six order in place for the next four weeks,” she said.
More about the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Milwaukee County Announces New Policies Related to COVID-19 Pandemic - County Executive David Crowley - May 9th, 2023
- DHS Details End of Emergency COVID-19 Response - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 26th, 2023
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here