This Weekend’s Protests Against Police Brutality
List of protests against the killing of George Floyd and police brutality.
Friday is Juneteenth, it’s also the 23rd day in a row that Milwaukeeans have protested the killing of George Floyd and police brutality. There are a number of protests and events organized around ending police brutality this weekend. Urban Milwaukee will add to this list throughout the weekend.
Have another march? Email us at email@example.com
12 p.m.: Uptown Crossing Neighborhood Clean Up & Kick Back: Organized by Whitney Washington and Quay Ellison, this event begins at Marcus DeBack Playground at the corner of N. 55th Street and W. Wright Street. It will run until 4:30 p.m.
1 p.m.: BLM March in St. Francis and Cudahy: This protest will meet at the corner of S. Kinnickinnic Avenue and E. Howard Avenue. The march will begin at 2 p.m. and run until 5 p.m.
1 p.m.: March for Inclusivity, for All Black Lives: This protest will meet at 2288 N. Lake Drive and will head south. The protest is organized by Darius Smith, Joy O’Sullivan, Josiah Robinson, Dailen Harris, Charles Tre’Malle McCoy and Natalia Moryns.
1:00 p.m.: Black is Beautiful bicycle ride from Reservoir Park: “Fighting the power is a full-time job, especially if you’re Black. Take this event as a moment to collectively exhale as a community and join us on a ride for Black lives. We’ll keep marching, we’ll keep chanting, but for one day we need to feel the wind in our face again. Black Lives Matter. Black Mental Health Matters too.” Organized by musician WebsterX and others.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Officer Accused of Assaulting Protester - Corri Hess - Jul 6th, 2020
- Plenty of Horne: Quadracci Sets Off Employee Rebellion - Michael Horne - Jul 6th, 2020
- Will MPS End Truancy Program? - Sam Woods - Jul 6th, 2020
- Butler Outspends Milwaukee on Per Capita Policing - Henry Redman - Jul 6th, 2020
- Protesters Call for Justice for Vanessa Guillen - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 5th, 2020
- Group Repainting Defund Mural, MPD Watches - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 5th, 2020
- Protest Day 37: Marches, Celebrations, Calls For Justice - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Rep. Brostoff’s Livestream From Tonight’s March - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Florists For Social Justice at Sherman Phoenix - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- This Weekends Protests Against Police Brutality - Graham Kilmer - Jul 3rd, 2020
Read more about George Floyd Protests here