Foxconn Winners Give Big to Walker
Owners, employees of companies chosen to construct Foxconn plant give him $180,000.
Owners and employees from six of eight companies chosen by Foxconn to construct a $14 million building at its future Racine County manufacturing plant contributed nearly $180,000 to Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s campaigns.
Foxconn announced the winning bids on Tuesday. The project is a 120,000-square-foot, multi-purpose building that will be used as office space for the construction companies chosen to build the company’s $10 billion liquid-crystal display manufacturing plant. The building will later be used for research and development activities.
The Walker administration and local governments together awarded Foxconn $4.5 billion in tax breaks, grants, worker training, highway improvements, and other giveaways to locate the plant in Wisconsin.
The companies and their employee contributions between January 2010 and December 2017 to the governor are:
Pieper Electric, of New Berlin, about $128,330
Spancrete, Inc., of Waukesha, $33,410
Boldt Co., of Appleton, $16,250
Total Mechanical, of Pewaukee, $700
Otis Elevator Co., of Milwaukee, $400
Superior Masonry Builders, of Butler, about $310
The top individual contributors from these companies to Walker were:
Richard Pieper, of Mequon, board chairman of Pieper Electric, $127,760
Thomas Boldt, of Appleton, owner of Boldt Co., $9,250
- Murphy’s Law: Why Foxconn Jilted Wisconsin - Bruce Murphy - Oct 27th, 2021
- Officials Stand By Foxconn Project Despite Murky Future - Corri Hess - Oct 7th, 2021
- Foxconn Picks Ohio Over Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 1st, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: How Kleefisch Failed On Foxconn - Bruce Murphy - Sep 13th, 2021
- Back in the News: Fisker Wants State Law Changed For Potential Foxconn Car Factory - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Wants a New Subsidy? - Bruce Murphy - Jul 26th, 2021
- Village Board Unanimously Votes to Blight Local Business for Foxconn - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Jul 13th, 2021
- Op Ed: EPA Overrules Pruitt-Walker Smog Increases - James Rowen - Jun 7th, 2021
- Village Paid Foxconn Project Manager Nearly $1 Million - Corri Hess - May 28th, 2021
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here