Foxconn Winners Give Big to Walker
Owners, employees of companies chosen to construct Foxconn plant give him $180,000.
Owners and employees from six of eight companies chosen by Foxconn to construct a $14 million building at its future Racine County manufacturing plant contributed nearly $180,000 to Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s campaigns.
Foxconn announced the winning bids on Tuesday. The project is a 120,000-square-foot, multi-purpose building that will be used as office space for the construction companies chosen to build the company’s $10 billion liquid-crystal display manufacturing plant. The building will later be used for research and development activities.
The Walker administration and local governments together awarded Foxconn $4.5 billion in tax breaks, grants, worker training, highway improvements, and other giveaways to locate the plant in Wisconsin.
The companies and their employee contributions between January 2010 and December 2017 to the governor are:
Pieper Electric, of New Berlin, about $128,330
Spancrete, Inc., of Waukesha, $33,410
Boldt Co., of Appleton, $16,250
Total Mechanical, of Pewaukee, $700
Otis Elevator Co., of Milwaukee, $400
Superior Masonry Builders, of Butler, about $310
The top individual contributors from these companies to Walker were:
Richard Pieper, of Mequon, board chairman of Pieper Electric, $127,760
Thomas Boldt, of Appleton, owner of Boldt Co., $9,250
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here