Foxconn Winners Give Big to Walker
Owners, employees of companies chosen to construct Foxconn plant give him $180,000.
Owners and employees from six of eight companies chosen by Foxconn to construct a $14 million building at its future Racine County manufacturing plant contributed nearly $180,000 to Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s campaigns.
Foxconn announced the winning bids on Tuesday. The project is a 120,000-square-foot, multi-purpose building that will be used as office space for the construction companies chosen to build the company’s $10 billion liquid-crystal display manufacturing plant. The building will later be used for research and development activities.
The Walker administration and local governments together awarded Foxconn $4.5 billion in tax breaks, grants, worker training, highway improvements, and other giveaways to locate the plant in Wisconsin.
The companies and their employee contributions between January 2010 and December 2017 to the governor are:
Pieper Electric, of New Berlin, about $128,330
Spancrete, Inc., of Waukesha, $33,410
Boldt Co., of Appleton, $16,250
Total Mechanical, of Pewaukee, $700
Otis Elevator Co., of Milwaukee, $400
Superior Masonry Builders, of Butler, about $310
The top individual contributors from these companies to Walker were:
Richard Pieper, of Mequon, board chairman of Pieper Electric, $127,760
Thomas Boldt, of Appleton, owner of Boldt Co., $9,250
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
- Audit Says Foxconn Loophole Needs a Fix - Corri Hess - Dec 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Residents Outraged by Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Dec 8th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Landing Google Contract? - Bruce Murphy - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Op Ed: Mistake? Foxconn Was a Whopper - John Torinus - Oct 30th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here