The Couture Press Conference
Developers and politicians unite behind the podium to unveil 44-story project.
A press conference was held to announce The Couture development on July 11th, 2012. The unveiling was hosted by Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele on the rooftop park of the Downtown Transit Center. Recognized officials in attendance were project developer Rick Barrett, project architect Matt Rinka, Department of City Development commissioner Rocky Marcoux, County Department of Transportation director Frank Busalacchi, County Economic Development director Brian Taffora, and supervisors Steve Taylor and Russell Stamper II.
Details on the project can be found in our article 44-Floor Tower Proposed for Lakefront.
- Transportation: Streetcar Extension Opens Sunday - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 28th, 2023
- Lakefront Streetcar Extension Opens October 29 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 22nd, 2023
- Eyes on Milwaukee: See Inside The Couture’s Rise - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 9th, 2023
- Transportation: Congress Extends Streetcar Grant - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 16th, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Couture Starts Massive Concrete Pour - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 16th, 2022
- City Hall: Council Could End Fight Over Couture Provision - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 22nd, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Couture Completion Delayed Until End of 2023 - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 3rd, 2022
- City Needs Act of Congress Because of Couture-Streetcar Delay - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 1st, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Couture Is Making Noise Downtown - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Barrett, Officials Celebrate Couture Groundbreaking - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 16th, 2021
Read more about Couture here