Winter Parking Regulations Lifted Early
Regulations no longer in effect as of February 20, 2017
Due to the unseasonably warm weather and no measurable snowfall predicted in the next nine days, the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) is lifting winter parking regulations for the City as of today, February 20, 2017.
What this means:
- Posted regulations that include “No Parking Dec. 1 to March 1” have been lifted. Parking is allowed, either alternate side parking or two-sided parking, during the overnight hours from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.
- Winter-restricted thoroughfare streets will now allow either alternate side parking or two-sided parking during the overnight hours from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.
- Non-posted 48-hour exception streets now allow for two-sided parking.
Go to milwaukee.gov/services/parking_regs or call (414) 286-CITY for parking regulations for a specific street.
NOTE: Should the weather forecasts change and a snowfall necessitate a DPW snow operation, winter parking regulations may be put back into place until the snow operation is completed. Should this happen, DPW will inform the public by press release to the media and Snow Mobile alerts (email and/or text messages) to residents who have signed up to receive such an alert. For more information and to sign up for Snow Mobile alert messaging, go to milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Remember, a valid overnight parking permit is required in the City of Milwaukee to park overnight on City streets from 2:00 to 6:00 a.m.
- DPW website: milwaukee.gov/parking – includes parking regulations by street and Snow Mobile information and sign-up
- Call (414) 286-CITY (-2489)
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
East North Avenue at the North Point Water Tower Circle to Close: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 (morning only) Friday, August 4, 2017Aug 1st, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
If inclement weather on August 2, the circle will close on August 3
High Impact Paving Project: East Oklahoma Avenue – South Kinnickinnic Avenue to South Superior StreetJul 25th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
The roadway will be closed to traffic.
Project to close segments of North Water Street over three days for repaving