Marquette to unveil new innovation space on campus
707 Hub will foster student innovation and entrepreneurship
MILWAUKEE – Marquette will celebrate the grand opening of the 707 Hub, a new collaborative innovation space powered by the Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Initiative, on Monday, March 27, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The 707 Hub is located on the first floor of the 707 Building at 1102 W. Wisconsin Ave.
The event will include a program at 4:15 p.m. with remarks from university leadership, including President Michael R. Lovell, as well as remarks from student innovators.
“Opening the 707 Hub is an important milestone as we continue toward our goal of building an innovative culture across campus,” Lovell said. “This space will be a catalyst for student innovation and entrepreneurship, and we’re excited about the great ideas that will come out of this venture.”
The 707 Hub is designed to be a space where students can collaborate and innovate. The Hub is open and available to all students and includes features like:
- Highly visible location on Wisconsin Avenue.
- Space for every work style including open, collaborative workspaces, meeting rooms and quiet nooks. Workshop space featuring computers, design software, 3D printers, hand tools, sewing machines and more.
- A pitch stage used as a setting for classes, guest speakers, workshops and pitch competitions.
- Events that help students advance their ideas and bring together community and business partners with Marquette students
- Access to the resources and expertise of the Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Initiative staff
“We’ve designed this space to foster collaboration,” said Jeanne Hossenlopp, vice president for research and innovation at Marquette. “We encourage a cross-disciplinary approach to innovation, and the 707 Hub offers students from all parts of campus the tools, space and support they need to take their ideas from concept to reality.”
The Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Initiative will also offer joint programming through the 707 Hub including the Startup Networking Night, where students can meet with area startups; the Brewed Ideas Challenge, where students can compete for funding for their ideas; and the Grocery Challenge, which calls on the campus community to generate ideas on how to bring fresh foods to campus and the Near West Side community.
For more information, visit www.marquette.edu/707-hub.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Marquette University
The free, public event is Thursday, Nov. 30, at 7:15 a.m. in the Monaghan Ballroom on the third-floor of the Alumni Memorial Union
Team bests 10 other universities at annual Arizona State contest
Donation will establish the Michael and Jeanne Schmitz Family Depression Research Fund