Abele Thumbs Nose at Court
Attempts to Ignore County Policy on Estabrook Dam
Milwaukee County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr. said today that County Executive Chris Abele is ignoring County policy on the repair of the Estabrook Dam and acting contrary to a recent understanding reached in a Circuit Court case.
- Milwaukee County authorized repair of the dam in 2009 and allocated all necessary funds for the repair, but the Parks Department has failed to implement the policy.
- The policy of Milwaukee County is to repair the dam, and all necessary funding is available.
- Circuit Court Judge Christopher Foley accepted that the County is pursuing repair of the dam.
- The County Executive is operating outside the law by not effectuating the project.
- There is no further action necessary by the County Board to repair the dam.
“Since he took office in 2011, the actions of the County Executive on the Estabrook Dam have subjected the County to increased costs of litigation,” Lipscomb said. “All necessary authorization and funding has been approved, secured and re-affirmed. It is time to move forward on dam repair and conform to the assurances the County provided to the court in July of 2015 and to the public in November of 2009.”
The City of Glendale will hold a public information session for residents to learn about the debate that has surrounded the Estabrook Dam, as well as the dam’s history and significance, tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Glen-Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Rd.
Press Releases by Theodore Lipscomb
Milwaukee County Board expected to vote Thursday on establishing policy.
Milwaukee County paid $11 million in lump sum pension payments in November to retirees and their beneficiaries to correct for underpayments.
Abele Should Stand with Milwaukee County Residents and Help Shoulder the Burden of our Fiscal ChallengesNov 11th, 2016 by Theodore Lipscomb
"It's time for Abele to share the burden of Milwaukee County's fiscal challenges, like he promised."
Budget cuts spending, reduces tax levy, halves wheel tax
Finance Committee unanimously recommends proposal to full board.